AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting up 100 domains and get them up and running
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherwood wrote:
The point I was making with reference to audiodealer.co.uk, is the realitvely high cost of even a rather plain domain name. The price paid may be on the high side for a particular reason but I would say that it reflects the demand for such names.

I'm not sure that I agree with this point. audiodeals.co.uk and audiodealing.co.uk are both available (and could therefore be secured for a pittance). I suspect that someone wanted audiodealer.co.uk for a specific reason.

Paul
sherwood
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millions of domains have been registered in the hope of an easy and high return. All the good names were taken ages ago, along with huge numbers of worthless names.

Just check the status of a few hundred listed on Sedo, and see how many were priced at thousands of pounds/dollars, and have since been deleted because in reality they were not even worth a registration fee.

Only a tiny percentage of “investors” have been successful with domains. The ability to identify valuable domains is achieved through experience and research, and many people are still in pursuit of this holy grail.

If a domain is unregistered, it has no value. There may be rare exceptions with new technology or trends, when a gamble might pay off. Apparently some people buy lottery tickets as a form of financial planning, much to the delight of Camelot and the Exchequer.

Whether £9k for audiodealer.co.uk was a smart investment, is a matter of opinion, I would not buy it. As for audiodeals.co.uk or audiodealing.co.uk, neither have any value or potential.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't quite the point I was making. You said that this particular purchase "reflects the demand for such names". I don't think you can necessarily draw that conclusion from just one sale. Instead, I'm saying that, because of the other available domains, that I believe it's more likely they paid over the odds for a particular reason. If you do a bit of research you'll find audiodealer.co.uk appears to be affiliated with Morgans Shopfitting Ltd., a UK construction company / shopfitters. My guess is that they wanted this domain specifically and so were prepared to pay the price.

Paul
sherwood
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is perhaps not a good example, but I could find many more sales to illustrate the point. Incidentally, I had an offer from Peter Morgan for another domain very relevant to his business, but his best price was well short of £9k.

Domain fever is still prevalent, and this prevents the possibility of finding good domains for just registration fee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum