AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexa toolbar usage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> AardvarkBusiness.net Board Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Alexa toolbar usage Reply with quote

Any regulars here using the Alexa toolbar?

Over the past few months, our Alexa ranking has really soared and we're now getting a stable position within the top 20,000 websites.

I appreciate that Alexa isn't all that reliable, and highly dependant on the nature of your visitors, and the number of pages they view, among other things - but I was just wondering if any of the regular visitors to the forums have the toolbar, and whether this might in part account for the improvement...?

Aaron
BernardErtl
President
President

11 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that having regulars using the toolbar will help, but I'm not one of them. When it comes to Alexa, I just say no. Smile
gintom
Executive
Executive

134 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use it, but got rid of it as it kept on blocking all pop ups and new windows to other sites
elguiri
Secretary
Secretary

7 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Alexa toolbar Reply with quote

I had the Alexa toolbar until this morning, but I decided to get rid of when I discovered it has a bit of a spying option built into it (aided by Microsoft itself). The information is useful but I don't look at it as often as, say, Google PageRank, and all things considered I decided to get rid of it. Here's a tip: if you do get rid of it, check your registry afterwards. It leaves it's spyware installed and linked to the "related links" tool in your IE browser. I got rid of with Spybot S&D, although I understand Ad Aware does the same thing.

I'm one of those people who hates pop-ups and the Google toolbar does that for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> AardvarkBusiness.net Board Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum