AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new excuse for not getting things done...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevHCS
Oil Baron
Oil Baron

2 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: A new excuse for not getting things done... Reply with quote

If like me you're the king/queen of putting things off until later, MSN have a really good excuse for you now, you're "procrastinated".

Admittidly it sounds like a pretty horrible condition and if announced to the boss may actually gain you some sympathy unless he/she knows what it actually means in which case you're probably fired as there are a few other names given to this.

For those who are still a little puzzled, it appears the condition of procrastination basically means you often put things off and don't have that "get up and go" to do things now and this minute.

I do wonder if that also means you won't become a millionaire by the time your 30, may not marry a beautiful man/woman from the "in-crowd" oh and won't go bankrupt when aforementioned spouse asks for a 20m divorse settlement. Did I also say procrastinated people are probably also the ones who see the problems with everything? Wink

Aaron, stop looking at me and nodding your head! Very Happy

Trev - "Pre-Troubleshooter consultant for AardvarkBusiness"
Still Waters
Executive
Executive

190 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev, I was going to respond right away, but... oh... I'll do it later.

"I'm the procastinator. I'll be back."
<said in best Governor of California voice>
bytech
Vice President
Vice President

588 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procrastination is only bad if you are delaying things which are obviously in your interest to accomplish, or even worse, are very bad for you if not done.

Heard about a fella who went out of business, not for the normal reasons. He had work, he got it done, and he was darn good at it. Kept busy, didn't need new clients. How did he go down? He never invoiced his clients... just couldn't get around to it.

I sometimes do that for a small payment due... put it off, and off, and off. By the time the client gets the bill, they sometimes forgot who the heck I am (well, not THAT bad, but you get the idea). Still, when a large payment is due, I'm there on the due date with my men in black! Smile If I need money, first thing I do is collect old debts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum