AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My company is dominated by a lot of women.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omega
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: My company is dominated by a lot of women. Reply with quote

Of course this may have to do with working with a health and wellness company that sells weight loss and skin care products. It is just easier for women to ask women about weight issues or getting a non surgical facelift. Guys have to beat around the bush where as women can say come over I have something to show you.
bbott
Executive PA
Executive PA

84 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: My company is dominated by a lot of women. Reply with quote

Omega wrote:
Of course this may have to do with working with a health and wellness company that sells weight loss and skin care products. It is just easier for women to ask women about weight issues or getting a non surgical facelift. Guys have to beat around the bush where as women can say come over I have something to show you.

Well it sounds like these women come to your company asking for the changes. So I don't see why you'd have to beat around the bush. It's not as if you're walking up to some random woman on telling her she needs to lose some weight! Laughing
Omega
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really all true. We have to go and find a lot of our own prospects and clients. So occasionally we do have to ask questions in a round about unoffensive way.
bbott
Executive PA
Executive PA

84 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega wrote:
Not really all true. We have to go and find a lot of our own prospects and clients. So occasionally we do have to ask questions in a round about unoffensive way.

haha oh man... I guess you have to be careful in who you choose and what you say... You might get slapped! Shocked
Thais
President
President

0 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega

The use of the word 'dominated' is strange - do you feel threatened by women then? Razz

I had a look at your website. Do you know that I didn't know what it was all about until I got down to the third paragraph on the homepage?? Not a good start! Perhaps it should be a little clearer?

When browsing your product pages, I was slightly alarmed at the lack of description of the products. Nowhere does it tell me what ingredients they have, simply a mention of 'herbs' or suchlike. As a woman & a potential user, I'm afraid I wouldn't touch them if I didn't know what was in them! Perhaps American women are less discriminative, I don't know, but personally I wouldn't put anything on my skin or ingest it without knowing these facts. I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong with the products, just that people need to be told what it is they're using.

Just an observation Confused

BTW, I was really amused at the language choice of 'American English' & 'British English'!! Very Happy
Omega
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thais wrote:
Omega

The use of the word 'dominated' is strange - do you feel threatened by women then? Razz

I had a look at your website. Do you know that I didn't know what it was all about until I got down to the third paragraph on the homepage?? Not a good start! Perhaps it should be a little clearer?

When browsing your product pages, I was slightly alarmed at the lack of description of the products. Nowhere does it tell me what ingredients they have, simply a mention of 'herbs' or suchlike. As a woman & a potential user, I'm afraid I wouldn't touch them if I didn't know what was in them! Perhaps American women are less discriminative, I don't know, but personally I wouldn't put anything on my skin or ingest it without knowing these facts. I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong with the products, just that people need to be told what it is they're using.

Just an observation Confused

BTW, I was really amused at the language choice of 'American English' & 'British English'!! Very Happy

I do not feel threatened at all. Also the products can be viewed at

www.myliquidity.com

that will give you product ingredients. The website you saw is just for customer sales after I have basically informed them about the products. I understand how you would be concerned but at that website the ingredients can be viewed.
nRG
Executive
Executive

172 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Take it as a positive sign Reply with quote

having the majority of your emp's being women can't be a down side. Its true that they would have a more "eased" time taking/marketing your health/beauty products. Some independent women are better overall at business marketing
#1 in Weight Loss-FREE! 30 Day Supply
www.FitnessHealthPro.com
Worlds #1 SuccessBook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
prettyinpinkclubwear
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,
I have a woman who is my boss. She owns this website. I think she is worse than a bloke to work for. At least a bloke you can call mate, have a laugh with without seeming to be suggestive or crude etc. Oh she buys cake etc regular, but seems to forget to get the beers in.
Just adding my pennyworth.
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prettyinpinkclubwear wrote:
I think she is worse than a bloke to work for.

If the boss of soon to be ex-employee "prettyinpinkclubwear" is reading this (assuming she reads the web site log files) and wants someone who promises not to complain about the lack of beer, give me a call as you sound like a nice boss. Twisted Evil

Trev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum