AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grrrrr... BT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Law & Insurance Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Grrrrr... BT Reply with quote

We were without internet at work recently due to a BT fault. It was eventually fixed but, in doing so, they b*ggered up another of our lines, causing a fault on our alarm. We called the alarm company and they came out to look, found there was no fault with their equipment and that there was something wrong with the line. BT have been out again, a guy called in and conceded that a line was loosened when correcting the first problem.

I've been billed 50 for the call-out of the alarm company, and I think BT should pay it... is it worth pursuing?

Paul
Hub-UK
Vice President
Vice President

419 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pursuing anything with BT is a waste of time in my experience.

Mind you when I finished with their services I paid my final bill at the same time as they put it in the hands of debt collectors. The debt collectors still came after me to pay their fees. I refused and had several slanging matches with BT before one lady was sympathetic enough and sufficiently customer orientated to write off the fees.

It also depends on how much patience you have at getting routed through call centres in India.
www.kitchenskill.com
www.cookingholidays.co.uk
lakedaemon
Executive PA
Executive PA

121 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with NTL. To cut a long story short, we had to have our phone line changed over from one to another. Simple? NO!

From June till about last week we have paid two bills, been cut off, treated like garbage by idiots from Customer service who don't bother logging anything down, until to cap it off a service engineer came around to check whether there was a fault to find that the telephone line had been plugged in to the wrong house.

Cue rage...

Don't you find it ironic that a telecommunications company can't communicate to save it's own ****.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end, I sent BT a letter, explaining the situation. I didn't expect to hear back but, to my amazement, there's been a message left on my answerphone saying that the alarm company's call-out fee is being refunded, and that I shall also be credited a month's line rental.

Wow... there's a turn-up for the books. Salute
lakedaemon
Executive PA
Executive PA

121 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the same Paul, wrote the biggest stropp of a letter and heard back in no time at all. Though I would be wary of any promises, NTL promised crediting a months line rental because we were in effect paying for a line that didn't exist. As yet haven't seen any evidence that they have done this... they are apparently "looking into it".
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm not going to believe it until the cheque actually arrives. For the time being, I have the message stored on the answering machine just in case... Cool

As for NTL, I had terrible experiences with them myself. Used to use them as an ISP once upon a time in the dim and distant dialup days. When changing to broadband, I cancelled their service but they kept billing me each month regardless. I contacted my CC company and queried the transactions, and had 3 months' worth credited back. NTL then turned nasty... starting sending invoices, then final demands, then final notices before action was being taken, then debt collection letters, then final notices from the debt collection agencies, and so on and so forth. (How many "final" notices can you have? Rolling Eyes) If they really had a case, they'd have just taken me to court and that would have been that. They didn't (because I had no case to answer) and eventually the threats - which went on for about a year - stopped happening.

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Law & Insurance Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum