AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hindsight is 20/20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Law & Insurance Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Hindsight is 20/20 Reply with quote

I've been going over some legal stuff in India for me to work there legally. My new friend has been helping me out on this and he has solved a lot of problems for me. I greatly appreciate his help, but there is one thing that I don't agree with him. He keeps telling me that it would have been so much easier, if I just came to India AND THEN started doing all legal stuff. Well, hindsight is 20/20, especially when it comes to legal stuff. Knowing what I know now, I would have approached differently if I could start all over, but things don't work out like that in reality.
lakedaemon
Executive PA
Executive PA

121 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to India and I know how 'easy' it is to do anything there. As to whether you would have an easier time doing everything outside of the country I don't know. India is a country that loves red tape. If you have been there, then you know what a hassle it is to even get a visa let alone apply for working status. I have known some civil servants take weeks and months to carry out what would it seem an easy task.

Also, India is a place where money talks. Things only happen faster (not in all cases) if you pay for it. I remember speaking to a taxi driver who had wanted to be a policeman since he was a child. He matter of factly stated that he couldn't get in because he couldn't afford to bribe the recruitment officer. That's life in India I'm afraid.
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know when you went there, but from what I hear, things have gotten so much better over the last 10 years. But you're right, you have to do too much paperwork to move forward. Also, yes, you're right, you have to bribe at every level. I hear that things are getting better visibly because the country realizes that, if they keep doing the same thing (bribing, corruption, etc.), they won't be able to compete with other countries, but ... there is definite a looooot of room left for improvement.
lakedaemon
Executive PA
Executive PA

121 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think that there has been a lot of improvement, especially since India became one of the fastest growing global economies. With a lot of outsourcing of labour to India, big business has invested heavily and India has certainly had to reform some of it's antique business laws.

However, I went to India two years ago, and what is evident is the dichotomy of circumstances in what is still a class system. What changes there are in both the economy and the law hasn't filtered very far into the system as a whole. Whereas most of the new wealth of the country is centred around business and IT sectors the rest of the country is reletively poor, thereby upholding the old beaurocratic and unfair practices. That isn't likely to change anytime soon.
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Mu wrote:

However, I went to India two years ago, and what is evident is the dichotomy of circumstances in what is still a class system. What changes there are in both the economy and the law hasn't filtered very far into the system as a whole. Whereas most of the new wealth of the country is centred around business and IT sectors the rest of the country is reletively poor, thereby upholding the old beaurocratic and unfair practices. That isn't likely to change anytime soon.

This, I was a bit shocked to find out. Many educated people apparently don't even see that labors are same humans; they are just poor people. I'm not saying that they are bad people, but the class system is deeply rooted in the society. As you say, it'll take some time to resolve this problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Law & Insurance Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum