AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creativity training?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can creativity be trained?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Undecided
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Creativity training? Reply with quote

Can creativity be trained? This topic is the subject of many arguments. Some would say that creativity is something you either have or you don't. Others would argue that is something that is in all of us, but it's how you nurture it that's important. Would be interested to hear your views, and please give your opinion in the poll as well!

Aaron
Moondancer
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to answer yes and no on this topic. I don't think the creativity itself can be trained but I think we can be trained to allow creativity to have more of a say in our decisions, actions, thoughts, etc.

I have never seen a child yet who wasn't overbrimming with it.. It's not something you just can lose from growing older or whatever... I believe families and environment have a lot to do with it... whether they encourage it or work to dampen it. But the no part of this answer says they can be trained to let it out only if they want to be trained.. You can't force learning one way or the other.

Creativity itself can't be trained, the very definition of it precludes that. If you go for training with such a name most likely you would learn about a whole bunch of creative decisions, thoughts, actions, etc. What you are learning is someone else's creativity, not your own.
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The term "Creativity" is a vague term; it can mean a lot of things. If you are asking if talent like Picasso, Jackson Pollack, Beethoven as creative individuals can be obtained through training, then maybe the answer is no. But if you are asking about kind of creativity that we see in web design, re-touching, photographs for magazines and what have you, I say, these creative skills can be obtained through training.

Last edited by foundThroughAdminSig on Thu May 13, 2004 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
UnXpected
Secretary
Secretary

25 ants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the creativity can be trained. But you can learn and improve from others - those that are BORN with it.
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think the creativity can be trained.

Well, I don't think I'm disagreeing here, but I just think that "creativity" is defined so vaguely today. Let me take an example. I used to program video games(no major title, just some of video games that basically disappeared into the dark ...) and one of graphic designers kept saying "Art, art, art." He was talking about graphics he created like buttons, logos and sort. I just think that, although he might have been a creative professional and a creative person, much of his work was categorized into "graphics", kind of work that trained professionals can do. But somehow this type of work is often called "creativity" today.

Last edited by foundThroughAdminSig on Thu May 13, 2004 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
UnXpected
Secretary
Secretary

25 ants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He was talking about graphics he created like buttons, logos and sort. I just think that, although he might have been a creative professional and a creative person, much of his work was categorized into "graphics", kind of work that trained professionals can do. But somehow this type of work is often called "creativity" today.

What i feel is that they learn the basic of the ART and if they are not creativity, they will still create something that most of them CAN~

So Creativity is a GIft that can't be trained.

Trained professionals can do those works because they are TEACHED to use creativity work that are create by creativity people.
Moondancer
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creativity and talent are not synonymous. Creativity is the idea, talent is the ability to put the idea into action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum