AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ebay business
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom 2007
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes thing alot easier. I'll get onto some suppliers over the next few days and let you know how it goes.

I know you probably think of me as just another kid with dreams so i really appreciate the time you've taken to help me out.

Tom
Burton
Secretary
Secretary

7 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, like Paul said . . . drop shipping is the answer, some companies will include custom invoices with your logo in the box .The mark up is generous enough on tuner parts to make this a possibility. . . with just a tax id and a valid store front (web in your case) you can expect an average of %20 - %35 discount. If you can front 20g's you can get into the 40-60% range. . . (they still hold the parts in the warehouse, you just pay upfront).

The form you need to obtain a tax id is form SS4 from the IRS. . . go here to get it . . . . . . you'll need this anyway for either business.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link goes to a US site. Tom asked about VAT earlier so I am guessing he is in the UK.

Try http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/startingup/index.htm
Burton
Secretary
Secretary

7 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice catch .. .
Tom 2007
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great link! That will keep me going for a while Smile
Tom 2007
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spoken to a fe suppliers all with the same reply that i need to be VAT registered so that is what i'm looking into now. Also one of the companies wont supply me unless i'm taking stock and i havn't heard from the others yet.

Will keep you posted on how i get on.
MikeH
President
President

747 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not recommend registering for VAT unless absolutely necessary. The simple consideration is as follows-

Who are your potential customers?

1. Private individuals? Most likely if shopping on ebay. If you register for VAT you will have to increase your prices by 17.5% just to give the govt their share. Can you do this and still beat the competition?
2. Businesses that are VAT registered? If so then VAT registration will not matter to them as they can reclaim the VAT.

I can understand that suppliers are using this to avoid selling to non-trade? Perhaps if you tried to meet with them to explain what you are trying to achieve thay may bend the rules.

Technically registering for VAT requires proof of trading. To do this buy something that is invoiced to your chosen business name (not a pack of beer). You also need to have a bank account. You could use your own personal account but i would recommend keeping business expenditure seprate from personal.

Mike.
ExpertForumGuy
Secretary
Secretary

20 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Ebay business Reply with quote

Tom 2007 wrote:

Over the last few months I've been thinking about setting up an ebay shop and selling phones through it for a second income and to settle my curiosity of wether money can be made relitively easily online.

There are actually easy ways to make money, no both ebay and many other ways.

I think the easiest way to make money on ebay would probably to be dropshipping. That will still require a lot of work, because you have to take care of a package that you do not even see, so a lot of phone skills are required.

Affiliate marketing is only as profitable as the work you put into it, and you can stop and start anytime you want to.

I have other suggestions on my blog as well, but i hope this helped!
integrity
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: What happened to value for the customer? Reply with quote

People are so focused on making money that they forget about the CUSTOMER. What are we doing in order to create value for others? Having a product that will fill the needs of people is the only real way to make sustainable income. I was recently searching the internet for a REAL business and found a variety of scams, weight-loss pills and patches, etc. until I came across a movie that gave me a little faith in our society. There is a company with a 17 year track record that created an on-line wealth creation and talent development product, and they are currently recruiting people to market their product at successlogix.com. They allow people to go through an easy 3-step information process to learn more about the business opportunity and will even send you a free digital information package. What makes this business opportunity so exciting?

Reason #1
A proprietary high value product positions your business to grow profitably within a booming industry. Designed by an international publishing company, it is the most complete talent development and wealth creation system ever developed!
Reason #2
Forbes magazine wrote a cover article approximately 5 years ago predicting an industry called Webucation to be a $100 Billion industry by 2010! They exceeded that in 2006! The company has a solid business plan in place, with a determined effort to make our community of online entrepreneurs, the LARGEST DIRECT MARKETING COMPANY in the world by the end of this decade.
Reason #3
Their BREAKTHROUGH SYSTEM allows people to generate leads 24/7! With autoresponders and lead management tools, the automated marketing system does 90% of the work for YOU! Plus, you will receive FREE training on how to get started in this business! With 28 separate training sessions a week, you will join a team of self-motivated entrepreneurs that are DESIGNING A LIFE instead of making a living!

Best wishes,

Raul Guerrero Jr.

P.S.: I just got started in this business and the support and training is remarkable! Great people that will show you everything upfront.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum