AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major systems upgrade announcement...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> AardvarkBusiness.net Board Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Major systems upgrade announcement... Reply with quote

This is a headsup that at some point in the not too distant future we're planning to upgrade MySQL to v4.1 then v5.x and PHP to v5.

Since I suspect not all of you spend your time worrying about what version of database we're running, in English it means we're upgrading the database and programming language that these forums run on to the newer version.

Now in theory this means that you won't really notice anything at all except some allocated downtime as it upgrades. They have both been around a fair while so are fully tested and we don't think anything will explode....much. Shocked

Exactly when this will happen I'm not totally sure as I don't seem to get any free time currently to think about it, but in theory either this week or early next week. I'll post a notice before doing it, but at least this way you'll know if we suddenly vanish or start throwing out errors, that's what caused it and we will be back. Smile

Trev
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is way behind, but PHP has now been upgraded to 5.2.4 without any major errors. Exactly when MySQL will be moved I don't currently know.

Trev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> AardvarkBusiness.net Board Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum