AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Work At Home Individuals Have It Easy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaggiegill
Executive
Executive

336 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Why Work At Home Individuals Have It Easy Reply with quote

“Why should I start my own business?” This is what I say:

This is just a reminder to you guys and gals who are letting loose to your work at home opportunities, maybe not taking it seriously, or doing it half a$$ed.

1. You’ll know your own power.

Swept up in the turmoil of working as part of a corporation, there’s a tendency to blame others, wait for others, think that others are making things happen. Working alone you’ll realize how much control you actually have (and have always had). That realization will give you the courage and drive to do more things than you ever dreamed of when you saw yourself as an insignificant part of a big machine. You’ll have nobody else to blame, and even more importantly, you will see how much credit you really do deserve for everything you’ve created.

2 You get no respect.

Does any of this sound familiar? Your ideas aren't taken seriously; there are no opportunities for advancement; the boss ignores you, co-workers alientate you; you're discouraged from improving skills with a course or seminar you're passed over for a promotion - again; or you're excluded from key projects and strategizing sessions. So why are you still giving this organization your time, energy and great ideas?

3. You’ll put your money where your mouth is.

I never planned to start my own business, and I always secretly believed that I didn’t have the guts to be successful on my own. When I look back now, I’m not even sure how I managed to convince myself to leave the perceived safety of living within the protected walls of a large corporation. When I finally jumped however, I was surprised by the number of friends, former co-workers and family who remarked on my “courage.” Frankly, I’m not any braver now than I was before, but I know with certainty that I don’t need a corporation to take care of me (and neither do you).

4 Your co-workers are annoying

At any place of employment you are going to have to adapt to a number of different personality traits, habits, and downright annoyances. Having the ability to manage people and keep a level-head is a skill that is valued in any position. However, there are certain people that simply obstruct your ability to work. They are distracting and impede productivity. If you begin to feel that your co-workers are diminishing your ability to work effectively and are holding you back from career advancement, it may be time to seek a new job with a more conducive work environment.

5. My favorite, I get to set my own hours! Very Happy

For me these are the main reasons why I work at home, how about yours?

How would you compare your job to the work you do online?

Write That Report: Discover The Secrets To Instant Cash
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KevinStiff
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jaggie,
You could sum up your post like this, It's the difference between FREEDOM or SECURITY.
people who believe being employed by a coorperation will give them security, but they have to bow themselves down with hat in hand and give up some of there freedom to have it.
If you have freedom your not a slave to anybody and you have all the security you need.
I myself am still in the security mode (day job lol) but am working toward the freedom end of it where working from home is the goal that i am after.
Learn The Right Way To Make Money From Home
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinStiff wrote:
Hi Jaggie,
You could sum up your post like this, It's the difference between FREEDOM or SECURITY.

That's debatable, isn't it? Especially in today's environment which some employers are quite literally destroying pensions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum