AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Would You Work For?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do You Want to Work For?
My Boss
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Myself
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

davapava
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Who Would You Work For? Reply with quote

I've decided to take the step. Stop working for someone else and start working for me. I can tell you that one of the greatest tips ive gotten so far is to actually treat my work as my business.

This has been worth very much to me. Now i take action and im more determined that before.

Do anyone have some great advice like the one above to give me?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm one for working for myself, but I can relate to people who sit on either side of the fence on this one.

I like to work for myself because:
1. I can choose when to work and not when not to work
2. I have the potential to make more money
3. I don't like being told what to do Wink

The aspect I don't like quite so much is that you find yourself working all hours sometimes (whether it be getting the accounts in order, doing bits of admin here and there, thinking about which direction to take the business next, or whatever)... you don't head out of the office at 5pm on a Friday and forget about it all until the following Monday.

Paul
HollowMarkeD
Executive
Executive

128 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a bit of both, although of course the nature of self employed work means you never get enough time, but I enjoy a PT job in the mornings to cover the bills but leaving you enough time to work on your own things in the afternoon/evenings/dusk/dawn Razz
DBeavers
Executive PA
Executive PA

74 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Working for myself Reply with quote

Having been self-employed for the past 20 years, I can't imagine working for anyone else. I'd probably fail any employment testing, as I've become more independent over the past 2 decades.

Why change what is obviously working.

Dennis Bevers
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For myself ...

There is a project that I work with someone collaboratively though ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum