AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats your life like working with clients?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CG Man
Executive PA
Executive PA

89 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Whats your life like working with clients? Reply with quote

Im starting to go off being a freelancer seems every customer thinks I'l do as many alterations as they want straying from the agreed design and do extras for the same quote.

I'm creating an illustration in CGI he gave me a sample of his illustration to be improved. it was done by some other artist. Iit was like the worst ever CGI I've ever seen and he just wanted it improving . So I make an illustration with what what agreed in the terms and conditions with incredible amounts of detail and this time it's rendered with professional software it took me a full week to do and the guy says do it all again but this time bl bl bla di bla. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats your life like working with clients? Reply with quote

CG Man wrote:
So I make an illustration with what what agreed in the terms and conditions with incredible amounts of detail and this time it's rendered with professional software it took me a full week to do and the guy says do it all again but this time bl bl bla di bla. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Sounds pretty typical. They want to keep changing ...
DBeavers
Executive PA
Executive PA

74 ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Much better than your experience!!! Reply with quote

But then again, I just celebrated 23 years in business, and still have one of the handful of clients from way back then. Working primarily with the same customer base from 12 to 23 years back, I only have to train or fire the new clients. Not every client will be a good match for you or me. And some of your clients might be fine with me, but I'd definitely look at firing that last one.

Being self-employed can be very liberating, if you reach the point where you can choose your clients. I have fired more than a couple clients who weren't worth what they expected for the amount of business they brought.

On the other hand, if I was an employee, I'd have to work with every client assigned. No thanks!

Dennis
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best answer is affiliate marketing. That way you don't have to work with clients in the traditional sense. Cool

On the downside, it can take a lot of hard graft and/or a smattering of luck before you get established.
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
The best answer is affiliate marketing. That way you don't have to work with clients in the traditional sense. Cool

Yeah, working with people is always very difficult ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum