AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do most people work from home?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Welsh Guy
President
President

2041 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work from home, even when I had an office I never / rarely went there. I have worked from home for about 10 years now, and I can honestly say that itis the best move I ever made. The only problem is focusing on your work, and your home. If you can do that, then you can work at home.

It was very hard when we had a baby in the house, as I could hear her crying, and knowing my wife had to deal with this was hard. I told myself that I was not really there, as I was 'in work'. It made me more humble though seeing what mothers have to deal with, the sheer volume of work and stress.

To work from home you need self motivation, focus & discipline, master those and the world is your oyster.
Andrew2
Executive
Executive

284 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it seems my wife enjoys my work-at-home days the most of all, she takes advantage of the babysitter at home, me, to go get her hair done or what not. Wink
BMUU
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

As usual I just loved reading the posts. Anyway, I'm self employed and mostly work from home but have heaps of social interaction through the job. I'll say this right up front and centre it is an MLM type business but because of the great product and both the savings and income producing opportunities that it offers to all, I absolutely love it and get a real buzz when explaining it to people. I'm now starting to use the Internet more and more and because of this the business is really expanding and I believe that there is still heaps to grow because of the product and the global market that the Internet provides. From where I sit, I can see that the Internet provides me with the opportunity of competing with the big guys in terms of access to the biggest market ever but without needing to spend the advertising dollars that I would have otherwise had to in the old world order (e.g. newspapers, television and radio advertising). It's just fantastic!!!

Having said this, I can see the work from home problems that some like Still Waters have mentioned but there is a flip side to this as others like Old Welsh Guy mentioned.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DBeavers
Executive PA
Executive PA

74 ants

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Work from home vs. work "at" home Reply with quote

Yes, I have a home-based business, but I still go out almost every day, making sales calls and visiting with clients in person. I cover some towns and cities up to 100 miles away and have for the past 15 to 19 years.

In the last 2 months, I added a list of customers in Houston, TX which is 130 to 165 miles West. (You have to consider the distance across Houston, if you call on clients in Baytown on the Eastside to Katy on the Westside.)

I do have some days where I work at home on paperwork, along with calling clients by phone, as well as taking care of internet customers. So, my selling is a combination of "at" home and "from" home work.

I've even received internet orders from outside the US, including Italy, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, and Japan. Interestingly enough, I was able to accomodate all the offshore buyers without getting into export business. Two customers had there orders delivered stateside, while the other two went US Postal service Priority Mail to military addresses overseas.

Just thought I'd point out that working from home, doesn't necessarily mean a person is home bound.

Dennis
Mike Dempsey
President
President

1366 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work from home sometimes but i get regular full time jobs as well.
my time is roughly split half and half.
its a good balence to have I think.
juke
Executive PA
Executive PA

88 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for a larger corporation so I have the abiltiy to work from home via VPN and via confrence calls.

I treat it as a privilage. I say personally I could work from home as much as 2-3 days a week if I truely want to. But I don't I would estimate I work from home once every 2 weeks.

Typically on days where I'm going to be on phone over 5 hours. Comming into the office is not a bad thing for me. I work for a remote manager so not worried about having management looking over my sholder. I think that the face to face communication is very valuable...
TheHeroinesHandbag
Vice President
Vice President

398 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worked from home in the past and enjoyed it but I found I tended not to take any breaks which is a bad thing. It was a little better when I was a "consultant" and could work from home a couple of days a week as our office environment was very stressfull.

Now I work in a very lonely office with nobody in it and might as well work from home since nearly everything I do is on the computer/internet/network.

With my new business I hope to be able to work from home next year or at least only have a part-time job I have to go to.

I like to stay up really late at night and get up late in the morning.
moneylovesme
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i do both, work at home after i finish my full time work , its a tired process, i didn't wanna giv up one or the other because I love working.
Im a mother of two, Barista fulltime, thats wen coffee comes into play Wink and part-time im working online, its hard but I like a challenge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum