AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Self employed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the fisherman
PA
PA

55 ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Self employed Reply with quote

where do you get jobs from please self employed people courier driving???any ideas please also ide like to say hi im new nice place this here

im thinking of becoming self employed as a courier anytime any hours deliver your stuff sort of thing but ive got to really consider this as theres a lot to it like buying a van[which would have to be new in my eyes]and will the job make enough money for me as im on benefits at the moment and really would like to try this but im confused on all that has to be paid out where most of you lot been doing this for a while.so you no what tax you pay and all that stuff ive been on the dole for 5 years now and really need to try this out im willing and i know ide be a hard grafter aswell 300 of the dole is what i get thats my rent and bits in with it is it really worth it and also can i keep my family happy at same time ???????your opinions please would be great to help me start fresh part of life off
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thais
President
President

0 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would do best to go & see a Business Link advisor, fisherman, they are in the best position to answer your questions. If you've been on the dole so long, you may even get financial help to start up.

As to keeping your family happy, that's up to you!! Smile I would think that seeing you working would be a plus for them!

Good luck!
the fisherman
PA
PA

55 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya mate thanks for reply.......ive got to see a accountent on tuesday i can get the courier work but it means i have to buy a new van this is where then i get a loan to pay for it all...ive been on the dole too long now about 10 plus years so i need to get up and do somet for my sake and my family but also need to no that its going to be worth it....this is why i joined here as seen theres people looking for work and thought there may even be courier work advertised on here also needed help from you lot as you seem to no the score onn this situation
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thais
President
President

0 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to do a bit of market research & find out how much your local competitors charge for their services, to be able to offer a competitive price. Once you're established, you'll be in a position to review your charges.
Orion
Executive
Executive

242 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok two things

Firstly, I would recommend leasing or buying a van on finance over buying, at least in Australia this is a good tax saver.

Secondaly, have you considering contacting other courier services and offering contract work, i know couiers around here sub contract work to other companies for certain areas that are not profitable enough to put there own driver in but has another service which already covers it.

Also there are probably direct couier services who would do the same thing.
New Merchant
PA
PA

28 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fisherman,

If possible I would try and get a job as a Courier at a local firm, so you can get experience to see;

a) If you like it and can do it as a business
b) Get contacts and experience that you can apply to your new business later.

Then after a period of time say 6- 12 months I would lease/hire a van (so no large cash outlay) and go hell for leather!

Good luck!
the fisherman
PA
PA

55 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys im back into the begining of january and ive only had 7 or 8 jobs long distance its not going to plan this guy i no a freind doesent seem to have much work maybe because hes new or its the begining of the year i dont no ..so now im looking all over the net for courier companys and im emailing and writing to them for work to see how much i can get ect this week alone has been poor 110 pounds made and its friday so im getting pissed with him now as ive got to get the work...ive been sending mail most of this week so ill see if i get any replys of the peeps ive been sending to.....so remember anyone need a courier give me a shout ...i want your money please...ill keep you all informed of how things run over next few weeks...i phoned one place yesterday and he phoned me back with a silly little job and it was only 6 miles to do so i charged him 10 pounds cheap i no but maybe then he ll put me on his books to give me more work as he said he would but time will tell hey guys
the fisherman
PA
PA

55 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys im back into the begining of january and ive only had 7 or 8 jobs long distance its not going to plan this guy i no a freind doesent seem to have much work maybe because hes new or its the begining of the year i dont no ..so now im looking all over the net for courier companys and im emailing and writing to them for work to see how much i can get ect this week alone has been poor 110 pounds made and its friday so im getting pissed with him now as ive got to get the work...ive been sending mail most of this week so ill see if i get any replys of the peeps ive been sending to.....so remember anyone need a courier give me a shout ...i want your money please...ill keep you all informed of how things run over next few weeks...i phoned one place yesterday and he phoned me back with a silly little job and it was only 6 miles to do so i charged him 10 pounds cheap i no but maybe then he ll put me on his books to give me more work as he said he would but time will tell hey guys
Queen.Of.Fruits
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all i am new to this site seeing what its all about
maakd
Executive PA
Executive PA

68 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do office Job for 2-3 years gain necessary
knowledge and start own business- would
helpful, and huge prospective,

Thanks.
Nelly
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I think first you have to do a review and some research. ,make a list of what are your interest and skills. what do you expect from like. such as spend more time with family, control, reputation, more time for leisure etc. Then you will have a better idea what exactly you want. most important thing is to know what you want. Read some books,articles to get some idea. preferably from some one in the same business or a professional coach. I can recommend Barbara Winter - bizymoms Expert in Creative Self-Employment. She has written good books.check it out if can spare couple of minutes. Key in google "Barbara Winter - bizymoms Expert in Creative Self-Employment"

You get the idea? All the best!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum