AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liverpool FC trademark application

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Law & Insurance Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Liverpool FC trademark application Reply with quote

Liverpool FC are wanting to trademark the liverbird that is found in their logo in a bid to stop counterfeit LFC goods.

This is quite an interesting story because the council are objecting, saying that the club has no right to the bird as a trademark and that many local businesses use it. They argue that it "belongs" to the city and not to any one organisation.

Read more here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7737109.stm

What do you think? (Adi, since you're an Evertonian, I'll take any comments you have to make with a pinch of salt. Wink)

Paul
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish I could go back 100 years and stop that rental dispute.
Cityfan
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think they've got a point haven't they? After all the city is named after the bird, and the club is named after the city, although I can understand LFC wanting to protect their image.

When I was a boy, my mother bought me a fake LFC strip, and my friends took the rip because I didn't have the "genuine" article. I guess fakes are much closer to thereal thing nowadays though

P.S. I have changed my avatar size
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Law & Insurance Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum