AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World premiere! 3D advertise website! -need feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like this idea?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Maybe...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

buyaplaceonearth
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: World premiere! 3D advertise website! -need feedback Reply with quote

Good day,

I would like to present you another pixel advertise project , which is based on old pixel selling idea but having improved graphics and presentation (eye-catchy 3D never seen on internet before)!
I am talking about buyaplaceonearth.com .

It is an interactive 3D Earth Globe (the visitor can zoom and rotate it as they wish) similar somehow with Google Earth, covered with advertisings.

The advantages of this type of advertise:

-Much lower costs than the usual type of online promotion! ( The customer pays only once for at least 5 years period)
-Great presentation! Newest technology out there, eye catchy interactive 3D format!
-At least 90% of the buyaplaceonearth.com visitors will be redirected to your website! (This is the advantage of being in between first customers, you would be “alone on Earth” which will intrigue the visitors curiosity)
-This is a long term investment at very accessible costs!

The final goal of this project is to become an internet brand, to become known and extend the website to the solar system, and I will do everything in my powers to achieve it.Help me do this by becoming one of my customers.

Thank you for your attention, look forward to hearing from you!
buyaplaceonearth
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any advice or idea is much appreciated.Thank you! (don't forget the poll)
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big problems for me with this are:

1) it's been done before and so doesn't have the novelty factor of the original version (even though it might have a vaguely original slant)

2) this kind of advertising is not targeted

3) there doesn't seem to be an easy way of making a purchase. It would strike me that the obvious thing to do would be to click on the globe and be able to make a purchase on the area where you click, rather than have to get in touch separately.
buyaplaceonearth
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
The big problems for me with this are:

1) it's been done before and so doesn't have the novelty factor of the original version (even though it might have a vaguely original slant)

2) this kind of advertising is not targeted

3) there doesn't seem to be an easy way of making a purchase. It would strike me that the obvious thing to do would be to click on the globe and be able to make a purchase on the area where you click, rather than have to get in touch separately.

Thank you for your answer.

1) I do know this, but besides other copycats this has better graphics and idea , afterall it is about buying a representative location on Earth. I sure know this haven't been done before, and no 3D attempt (yes the base idea is still selling the pixels, but it is improved in my opinion)
Why reinvent the wheel when i can improve it?

2)In my head anybody can be on that globe, from people that are looking for a traffic improvement to someone that has too much money and wants to own some part of the world.
On the other hand i want to get visitors on my website for the original factor of advertising , for the 3D Globe (which i still didn't get over it, it's like a toy for me, something new on web) , and i'm trying to make it popular, by advertising it as much as i can, looking for press releases and so on, i'm not gonna give up like other copycats

3)Yes, good idea, but this rises me so many technical problems, afterall this 3D web is not explored and developed like a desktop application so if i find out how to do it, i will surely do so.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buyaplaceonearth wrote:
,,,afterall it is about buying a representative location on Earth. I sure know this haven't been done before

Wrong!

http://www.milliondollarworldpage.com

(another flop)

buyaplaceonearth wrote:
,,,and no 3D attempt

There was a site called pixelglobe.com once, I believe. I notice it seems to have fallen by the wayside (no surprise there).

buyaplaceonearth wrote:
Why reinvent the wheel when i can improve it?

If you were truly improving on the original idea, you would have sold more ad space. The original worked because it was original and because it had a good PR story that accompanied it (a hard-up student studying business, etc.)

buyaplaceonearth wrote:
In my head anybody can be on that globe, from people that are looking for a traffic improvement to someone that has too much money and wants to own some part of the world.

Anybody can... but they don't want to.

buyaplaceonearth wrote:
i'm not gonna give up like other copycats

I think that's a bad idea. There's a reason they've given up. Without meaning to sound rude, you're flogging a dead horse from the start.

Paul
buyaplaceonearth
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am not giving up, just wait and see, for start i have lowered the minimum purchase by half, hope it's a good start.
buyaplaceonearth
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am willing to give away some space on Earth for a 3 months trial period, in exchange of a link maybe. You can choose any location, and the size of max 5000 pixels.

Let me know if anyone interested!
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you looking for a review or just planning to use this thread as an avenue to promote the site?

If the idea was a good one, you wouldn't have to be giving space away.
buyaplaceonearth
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
If the idea was a good one, you wouldn't have to be giving space away.

Man just stop it, i've had enough pessimistic feedback just like yours, but i've had some very good ones also, so it's just you and everybody else that is shortminded, i dont mind, i will come and rubb this in your face in 1 year.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if you took your blinkers off, you would see that the feedback is in fact designed to be helpful. If you didn't want people to give their opinions, then perhaps you shouldn't have asked for them. Sorry it's not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't be being fair to you if I said I felt it was a great idea.

It's been over a month since you first requested a review. You haven't sold a single pixel in that time, even with the 50% discount you introduced. It appears you haven't even had any success in giving ad space away. Isn't this all telling you something?! There is absolutely no reason why you'll be rubbing this in my face in a year's time but, in the unlikely event that I'm wrong, feel free to do so if you think that's a sensible thing to do to someone who is trying to give you good advice.
buyaplaceonearth
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saying that an idea is not good, is not feedback
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes it is... it's just clearly not feedback that you can want to hear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum