AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie here, I need visitors,How do I increase web traffic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Excited-Dave
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: newbie here, I need visitors,How do I increase web traffic Reply with quote

I'm starting with 2 affiliate programs and a MLM. I have 3 sites to promote.

But how do I get more visitors to my sites? I'm using twitter a bit and am now in several forums, what else can I do?
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, you could introduce yourself properly here. Get to know people and perhaps make some friends. Then you'd find that people are more willing to help you.

Then you could read the postings that are already here about how to increase traffic to your websites, and if you still have questions, then post specifically about them on the appropriate forum.

And finally, you can take care because there are very few fans of MLM on here.

I'm curious. Why have you chosen to go into a business that so many people consider to be very dodgy?
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try being honest.

You claim to be in the USA but are posting from Pakistan. This kind of thing has been happening so much over at the travel board that we've taken a 'zero tolerance' stance to it, and are banning people who attempt deceive other members.

If you want to feel welcome here, you're going to have to play by the rules.

Aaron
beijinger
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can learn many things from forums like this. But for your question the is not quick answer. for getting targeted, sustaining traffic you need to learn many thing, test a lot and pour hard work, with millions of websites created daily this task is getting harder each day.
bespokepicnicboxes
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using twitter properly is great to get the traffic for your website. Nowadays social networking is playing good role in it. Firstly, get into forums you will learn a lot from here.
nickora
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: tricky to promote site Reply with quote

A shame the post lost its relevance due to "the newbie" being dishonest and essentially not asking a question properly, (or even mentioning MLM). anyway, lets see if I have more luck...
I promote a few websites and recently been having Issues with one. Its very specific and about an industrial prodct which gets liittle search volume. the rankings have been moving up succesfully, however there arent the visitor numbers I would like coming to the site. I would say competition from an SEO stance was low / moderate, Ive submitted to lots of directories and find this is essentially worthless, find it hard to find blogs or forums on the topic and wondered what else people have found to generate traffic?
Obv I dont want worthless visitors, nor a rediculously high bounce rate, but once in a while a tricky one comes up so i thought id ask for some suggestions...

Cheers!
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nickora... would you mind sharing what the product is? I realise you might prefer not to (and that's fine if that's the case) but I wonder if people might be more able to help if they knew what it was...
nickora
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: prodcts Reply with quote

I often wonder why people are so secretive about thier sites and then go do it myself...

the product is "bunded oil and fuel tanks", however they do supply other industrial services too.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... sorry, I had to confess, I had to run a search for them just to see what they were. Laughing

And are these sold to domestic customers or to industry?
nickora
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: to industry, were talking the big things! Reply with quote

to industry, were talking the big things! but some smaller businesses may approach them time to time
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... my experience of B2B is pretty limited so someone else might have to advise here. Would the businesses you're selling to all be of a similar nature?

Is there a place where people in that industry hang out online? Perhaps a forum, some blogs...??

Sorry, this is so far removed from my field that I'd have trouble offering any advice but I would think the usual same principles apply (getting links on related sites, interactiving with related sites - perhaps offering to guest blog, etc., press releases for the trade, etc.)
nickora
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No dont be sorry, I think that is my problem, its a subject that many would find it hard to express an interest in, i mean promoting your new dogs page website is something very different hey!

I agree, I think the usual sources ar the key to promoting it, its just where do find ways of creating things that arent there? - its not a usual blog subject now is it!

I have had some success in being creative and diversifying into other area's such as environment blogs but this does take some serious creativity juice! Smile

So.. well, If anyone else does deal more with B2B, are there certain area's or resources you use to generate interest when there doesnt seem to be any..?

and cheers Paul
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't expect people to blog about the product per se, but maybe people who are in the industry who might buy such a product, have their own blogs.

If you approached them, maybe you could write a piece for them about the merits of having a bunded oil and fuel tank.

I'm sure there must be many. Wink
mintyresearch
Secretary
Secretary

29 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

post in more forums?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, of course... there are a lot of bunded oil and fuel tank forums out there. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum