AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Viruses from pen drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Computing Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Viruses from pen drive Reply with quote

I have AVG installed, but I recently found that this machine in the office was infected with a virus (Funny UST Scandal.avi.exe).

q1. How can this machine be infected while an anti-virus software (AVG) is installed?

q2. I'm suspecting that this occurred because a pen drive, that was known to carry a bunch of viruses, was stuck to this computer quite a few times. But ... I still don't quite understand how the infection took place. How did this happen ...???
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does AVG run in the background or just when you specifically scan? Also has it been updated recently? In theory it should spot any disk activity, but no guarantees.

Trev
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev wrote:
Does AVG run in the background or just when you specifically scan? Also has it been updated recently? In theory it should spot any disk activity, but no guarantees.

Trev

It seems that AVG (free edition) just included an update for this virus (Funny UST Scandal Virus). AVG could not prevent Windows from being infected with this previously.
leoh187
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

It is most probable that this was the cause, AVG is a good anti-virus but not amazing at stopping viruses that it does not have an update for.
If you are looking for something that may do a better job of blocking such viruses in the future ESET NOD32 has better heuristic scanner (Allows it to detect viruses before an update).

If you want a bit more information you can look here :http://www.installingit.co.uk/index.php/Internet-Security/ESET-NOD32-Anti-Virus-Internet-Security/

Also AVG Free is only inteded for home user, and not allowed to be used in business. Just thought I would let you know.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks

Leo[/code][/url]
mariajones
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Friend I read your comment. Your system infected when the installed the AVG Anti virus. I think the anti virus might be not working properly than you will update your anti virus.
Another think You should be try another anti virus application. I think they are better better option to you....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Computing Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum