AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows download problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Computing Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Windows download problem Reply with quote

Last night, my home computer had a problem. It's running Windows XP and it could not download for a couple of hours. Interestingly, I was able to view some websites. I could not view websites running a bunch of ads. Browsers (all IE, Firefox and Opera) just froze. So, there was a file download problem.

This never happened in this puter and I'm wondering what caused it. Any guess ...???
lawton27
PA
PA

27 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say your internet provider was having a buissy spell causing your internet services to run slower than usual.
judycox
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: check your internet speed Reply with quote

when something like that happens you can check your connection speed ( I use the Internet Speedometer at Macafee--all you have to do is google "check connection speed" and it'll return a bunch of places that do that. I think Macafee is second on the list.

Even after we got dsl my laptop was slow to download. Bought a new netbook (Acer Aspire One)--still slow. Checked and the dsl was running at 28k--yeah, slower than dialup.
Turned out to be a bad phone cord. Now both are running about 500M Very Happy

You also might need to clear history and temp files or defrag.
mariajones
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
friend I read your comment. Have you tried looking in your downloads folder for the program that you saved. When you click on save file this is where its going to do by default.
If not solved the problem than check your internet explore and network. I think might be solved problem this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Computing Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum