AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How should staff use of social media be managed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Business Management Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: How should staff use of social media be managed? Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of creating a social media policy at work so thought I'd get some feedback on how you guys think this issue should be handled?
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got any examples of how other people do it, Adi?

Other than guessing that you're not wanting people to spend all day at work on Twitter or FaceBook etc, I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to achieve.
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's essentially saying that using social media is a great way to interact with customers, but we request you do it in a certain way.

http://www.2shared.com/file/8156516/c86324d6/CMI_Social_Media_Policy.html is what I've done so far.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not looked at what you've done so far but, in addition to what Kay mentions, I know some organisations worry about issues such as brand identity, etc.

I guess if you're using the social media sites, it needs to be clear whether you're doing it with a work hat on or purely for personal reasons.

If it's for work, then are you presenting yourself in the manner that the company/organisation wants to, and are all your colleagues presenting themselves in the same manner in the interests of consistency. Getting everyone within a large organisation to adopt the policy could, I imagine, be a bit of a nightmare.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stumbled upon this link via Twitter and it might bear some relevance to what you're doing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/01/AR2009100101537.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Business Management Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum