AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Degree qualified people without jobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaddon
Executive PA
Executive PA

91 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Degree qualified people without jobs Reply with quote

Has anyone else had the same problem I have? I am looking to bring a newly degree qualified youngster to train them up on the magic of RF for both design work and maybe teaching. In the Barnsley area I'm not even getting a bite. After advertising in the local Job Centre, Uni's and paper I got one applicant with a degree in philosophy who, when I asked if engineering was the field they wanted, they told me as long as they were paid they were happy till they get a 'proper job'.
With things starting to pick up and several projects close to signing it looks like I'll have to fall back on contractors again. Where are all these people that the government say are out of work, or are they not interested in actually doing anything (this I can't believe). Maybe it's the education system putting out lots of media studies and golf management and not enough in the harder subjects like electronics, physics and maths. Still that's my rant over, oh and thanks for the advice on secretaries, I now have one part time and one virtual, works great.
I'm not sure if this is the right forum so will not be upset if one of you moderator types shuffles this around.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the pay attractive?

I think many graduates - rightly or wrong (and, IMO, wrongly) - have a notion that they can just walk into a well paid job as soon as they get the degree certificate...
Gaddon
Executive PA
Executive PA

91 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't put an actual price, just attractive salary as I was advised by the Job centre, but I had worked on 8.50 to 10.00 and hour if they had the drive. Still maybe someone will answer one day.I really do not want to go down the recruitment agency, that's expensive.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have you tried to advertise?

Local colleges?
Local newspapers/shops, etc?
Online?
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you not put the salary in the advert?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum