AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major fraud at Snapnames - rigging of domain auctions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Major fraud at Snapnames - rigging of domain auctions Reply with quote

Snapnames is probably the largest reseller of domain names. And if, like me, you've bid for domains at snapnames, you've likely had the bidding pushed up by a fake bidder... a Vice President of the company, no less.

As one blogger put it, the domain name industry has now got its own Bernie Madoff.

Full coverage on the Washington Post and elsewhere (though the BBC is strangely quiet)

Suspicions have been around for a while but, amazingly, when snapnames was sold to oversee.net a couple of years ago, nobody bothered to do the due diligence.

Snapnames is giving some people refunds but not everybody is happy with the extent of the action.

Just thought this needed some publicity.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a little bit about this but hadn't looked too closely before. Thanks for your posting.

It's quite shocking how some people will behave in such an unethical manner. I agree, anyone interested in the domain market should be aware of this issue.
kuttu80
Secretary
Secretary

24 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

I agree with both of you.In eBay also you will face such fraudulent bids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum