AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what languages/skills did you learn first?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiderhousepr
Executive PA
Executive PA

82 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: what languages/skills did you learn first? Reply with quote

what languages/skills did you learn first and what has it lead on to?

I first learned about the "internet" in 1998 - as an 18 year old I didn't even know how to turn a computer on or what an ISP was and it took a while to sink in that I could use more than one! Think I went with AOL and Tiscali

All I wanted to do was buy/sell records and promote music nights. This "computer thing" was a pain in the backside but I had to learn it to do what I wanted...otherwise it was gonna cost me a fortune.

It all started in late 1998
1998 - how to turn on computer
1998 - how to get online & do basic functions
1998 - Microsoft Office (basic)
1999 - registering a domain
1999 - websites like Amazon, Ebay and other marketplaces
1999 - basic HTML
1999 - Photoshop
1999 - Microsoft Frontpage
1999 - basic web hosting control
1999 - Dreamweaver (basic)
1999 - SEO, internet marketing, making banner ads, ppc, forums, etc
2000 - phpboard, basic flash

By 1999-2000 the website was doing well & I fell back "out" of the internet until the last few years when I find myself back in it.

I kick myself a little as if I'de developed those skills further back then where would I be now?!

I'm back into the internet & it's crazy how much of the basic stuff (esp marketing) is still the same as 10 years ago...yet I'm so much more excited about it now!

Great to be back & glad I got a good bit of experience back then!

Even as I carry out a lot of
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum