AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PayPal problem - invalid company number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Accountancy & Finance Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: PayPal problem - invalid company number Reply with quote

Bit of a strange one this... PayPal are wanting a bit more detail about a business of mine that's triggered a certain threshold in terms of the money received on the account.

I've gone into the account to update the information. It's a Ltd. company and one thing they're wanting is the company number. I've entered that and it just keeps coming back with:

"Please enter a valid Company Number."

The number is valid. It's taken from the Companies House paperwork, has been checked and double-checked, contains no spaces, etc. but still PayPal don't seem to be happy with it.

Any ideas? Anyone else encountered this?
poubaj
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a strange one this... PayPal are wanting a bit more detail about a business of mine that's triggered a certain threshold in terms of the money received on the account.

I've gone into the account to update the information. It's a Ltd. company and one thing they're wanting is the company number. I've entered that and it just keeps coming back with:

"Please enter a valid Company Number."

The number is valid. It's taken from the Companies House paperwork, has been checked and double-checked, contains no spaces, etc. but still PayPal don't seem to be happy with it.

Any ideas? Anyone else encountered this?

I am having exactly the same problem. It's so annoying.

Have you manged to sort this out? If you have could you post the solution here please.

Thanks
poubaj
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out the answer by ringing Paypal directly -

You need to put a 0 in front of your Company Number. So most UK company numbers I believe are 7 digits long (mine is) - simply put a 0 in front of your 7 digit code that was given to you by Companies House.

Hope this helps
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing.

I got around the probably be deselecting that I was a Ltd. company and saying that I was something else instead, thus not needing to enter one.

It would be helpful if PayPal just updated their system on this... can't be too difficult, surely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Accountancy & Finance Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum