AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google SketchUp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Graphic Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Google SketchUp Reply with quote

Has anyone here tried Google SketchUp?

If you haven't heard of it before, it's their free 3D drawing program. Apparently it's easy to use, but perhaps it's even easier when you watch someone with a lot of experience use the application and explain what they're doing.

Take a look at http://www.youtube.com/aidanchopra (not my work, I hasten to add!) and tell me what you think.

Paul
lagendary
Secretary
Secretary

25 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried it. I used my sister in law house plan. KInd a like it but I don't have much time to explore more. Give up half way.

The video you give here its kind a interesting. Thanks for sharing. Get some idea for start some business lol.
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a free program?

I actually trying to create 3D object recently. I don't think I need to do this for the current project, but it's possible that I'll need to use it in the future.
lawton27
PA
PA

27 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you get into google schetchup it can be realy easy i've created a 3d modle of the first half of edinbugh castle baised from pictures.
KajolThappar
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2D and 3D views are just the same file viewed differently.
When in 3D, choose the top view (or any other standard view) from the "Camera" menu to obtain a 2D view. You may disable perspective for a more typical looking 2D view.

Use the Styles window to choose the background color and many other parameters.

When you open a saved file, you start with the view as it was when you saved the file. For new drawings, you start with another SketchUp file, the default template. SketchUp 5 has a default template that starts with a 2D view. SketchUp 6 has a default template that starts with a 3D view with all three axis shown, a colored background, and the Bryce (human figure) component.

Click "Window" > "Preferences" > "Template" to change the default template. You may also browse to your own SketchUp file to set as your new default template or add your own file to the Templates folder to add it to the Drawing Template list.

Hope this helps. If you need more help, refer to the link in my sources.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only are you digging up old posts, but you're just copying and pasting material from elsewhere.

So that's you banned. Rolling Eyes
Alison Jones
Executive PA
Executive PA

81 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, whilst we are on the topic... I know the chap who promotes this in the UK. He gave me a little demo, and if anyone really is interested in learning more, I would be more than happy to pass on his details. He also promotes Autocad. Smile
Tork UK
PA
PA

49 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across Sketch just the other day. Haven't the slightest clue, nor the skills to use it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Graphic Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum