AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What should I do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnson.johnson
Secretary
Secretary

21 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: What should I do? Reply with quote

I was recently laid off from my job of 15 years. Im 40 years old and dont want to go back to the 9 to 5 route. What should I do?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that.

What do you want to do?
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what can you do? Smile
ladyflguru
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your job, heres the rub, you do what you need to survive. If you wait to long to find what it is you WANT to do instead of what you NEED to do the situation can be worse. Try looking for a legit work at home job, it may be the rat race of 9-5 but atleast you will be confortable doing it.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you've been put in this position.

Did you enjoy your job before you got laid off? Did you enjoy the work itself? If not, and you want to change tack, you'd need to make yourself valuable to an employer in another line of business, perhaps by retraining. You can always become self-employed but this is a very difficult route and often requires a lot more effort than being a wage slave from 9-5.

Good luck with whatever you want to do. It's probably best to try to figure out some goals first before you take any major steps.

PS: I read on the BBC website the other day that there are a lot of "How to cope..." articles available, such as how to cope when you lose your job - redundancy payments, claiming benefits, etc. It might be worth having a look at them.

All the best.
orson12
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your situation. I would like to suggest you to try for some home based business rather than 9 to 5 one. Go through these links and i think they would help you. Good luck.
theelitehomebiz
clicknearn
TmasterMind
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you implement your own homebased business? You can start with the concept of your ideal work or maybe your ideal business in the near future. Start blogging your way in it, tell about your interests, your likes and tell about different faces of business today. Although this can be so broad, you can choose on a specific topic that you can consider. Say have reviews on both successful and unfortunate business styles that you discover around. Supply it with research and you can even apply your experiences at work. This might be a good start to have your exposure.
David Morson
PA
PA

23 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to know that all this happened to you at this stage of life. Anyways, I will recommend you to do some good business if you can and try to avoid doing jobs from someone else anymore.
timpane
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with this statement that You can start with the concept of your ideal work or maybe your ideal business in the near future. Start blogging your way in it, tell about your interests, your likes and tell about different faces of business today. Although this can be so broad, you can choose on a specific topic that you can consider. S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum