AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

let me know what you think... www.imoviename.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickora
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: let me know what you think... www.imoviename.com Reply with quote

Just as an idea what do you think about this site? instant movie name search

it was just a solution to a problem I had at the time and so I made a site out of it.

do you think theres anything good aboout this as an ides, what could I add to it, where could I take it from here?

if you dont like it, why?
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a good idea and fun. I like the concept.

I didn't like the way the site functioned because every time I tried to type in a phrase it auto-completed it for me and it was annoying to have to keep getting rid of its guesses. I would prefer to be left in peace to type in my own phrase without having Nanny auto-completing it for me all the time and having to delete what I'd never intended to write.

I tried phrases and concepts from two different films and it very quickly came up with correct answers both times.

I liked it, but I wouldn't use it again unless you got Nanny under control.
nickora
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I agree I want a bit less of a nanny, although maybe not alltogether gone. Ill have a bit of a play for you kay.

other than that what do you think I could add to the site? its not really one that is built for keeping people on but i would like people to use it as a tool for what it was intended.

to SEO a single page like this is going to be a bit minimalistic to say the least.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I wouldn't get rid of Nanny completely either. Perhaps you could show suggestions rather than forcing the over-hasty auto-complete onto the user.

It would be really clever if you could create software which also brought up the DVD for someone to buy it. Say I type in a phrase and the answer is "Lord of the Rings". You then make it very easy for me to click through and buy the LOTR DVD (via Amazon, Play, etc). I don't know anything about software development so I haven't a clue what might be involved in creating such a thing.

I could imagine people going for that. You think of a film you liked, can't remember the name, use your natty search thingy, and there's the correct answer and the film for sale.

If that's not possible or practical, then I'd stick an Amazon aStore on it selling DVDs etc.
nickora
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well nanny is gone and it looks more like the standard google instant search now. which i do much prefer tbh.
monetizing the site really hasnt been my objective, it was kinda just a bit of fun because i thought it would be handy but yes i'll look into amazon and play and see if they have an api i could integrate or a way of linking results.... hmmmm
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's much better. Well done. Please let me know when you've finished tinkering with it and I'll tell people about it on our Films and TV forum.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: just another thought, perhaps you could do similar for song lyrics (and sell music).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum