AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying an owned domain
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CannyInvestor wrote:
You see, I didn't dump an advert on you at all, as I genuinely see it.

You did as I see it.

CannyInvestor wrote:
I found an Aardvark forum discussion directly related to escrow, and participated, mentioning in passing a directly related product which was pertinent to the post under discussion and of interest to the post.
At what point does that become an advert, and not a participating post ?
That is what I am confused about.

No, you found a forum about business. And a thread about buying domains in which someone happened to mention escrow. Nobody asked 'what escrow services do you recommend?' or anything like that, so it makes your post a blatant ad. Furthermore, you didn't introduce yourself (and still haven't) and you didn't (at first) declare your association with the site you were 'recommending'.

Paul

PS - Why are you using BBCode and then checking the 'Disable BBCode in this post' box...?!
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the dumping of the ad, I have other problems with CannyInvestor.

Quote:
Our presence is starting to facilitate business deals which were not previously possible or economical.

What previously not possible deals are you now facilitiating?

Quote:

There are also new UK Government registered escrow services, such as Transpact.com

As far as I am aware neither the UK government nor UK regulatory bodies approve anybody for escrow services as they do in America. Are you maybe one of those new breed of payment processors who get "registered" with the FSA for one thing and then try to use that to suggest you're "approved" by the FSA to perform escrow services?

Out of interest, why within the space of a few months have you got multiple trading names like "TrustedFriend.com", "Transpact.com" and "Secure UK Escrow"?

For those who are interested, here's a thread I found on a forum discussing website buying and selling that I use. Itt features TrustedFriend, one of CannyInvestor's aliases. To quote the admin from there:

Quote:
....Do a few searches and you'll see he's been posting that in many forums. Some deleted his links as spammy. Most haven't caught on yet.

He helpfully suggests that if you're searching at the HMRC site, you could try the term "tru" with a random postcode "NW11". Funny how that then comes up with a domain name that matches his screen name. If you're trying the FSA site, his suggested search term is "escrow". Again, it'll lead you to his own site.

He forgets to mention that the FSA says this company is only approved for "payment services" and "Payment services are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme."....
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, Smooth. Laughing

If it had been my place I'd have banned him much earlier, but I try to be polite towards Aaron, the forum owner, and not jump in too quickly. My finger is hovering over the zap button. Will I do it? Or shall we see what he comes back with next? Twisted Evil
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't dream of advising you on what to do, of course, but I think he redeems himself a bit with this
Quote:
And worse, I should have stated that I have a vested interest. in the website I was recommending That was very remiss of me. I apologise.

It may be fair to give him a chance to respond to what I said in my post.
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys... let's see what he has to say...
CannyInvestor
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, It's your forum, and if it is the correct thing to do, then please zap me.

In answer, in the meantime;
1) I apologise - I got it wrong - not intentionally, as I thought that the mention of escrow and domain sales allowed mention of the new breed of UK government registered escrow services at a fixed price, which most people are unaware of (and since they are unaware, the mention was educational and therefore allowable).
I crossed a gray line and unintentionally passed into black.
I should not have mentioned the company name (from your comment it seems that the two-line post would have been fine without that reference). All I ask is for you to at least understand how I erred - I though that mention of a company would be additionally informative. The mention was not malicious.

2) Smooth - Escrow services in the UK are required to be registered since 1 November 2009 with both the FSA and the HMRC (both UK government agencies). They are not approved by the FSA, but registered. HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs) registration requires that not only the company, but each individual person involved with money, must be separately checked by HMRC and passed as 'Fit and Proper'. The FSA interpretation of the law for Payment Services registered companies to follow under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 is 148 pages long and can be found at fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/PSD_approach.pdf. It is demanding, to say the least.

3) Smooth - Client money held by Transpact.com in the UK is covered by the FSCS in the same way and with the same protection as if the client deposited the money in his/her own UK bank account.
The notice on the FSA website refers only to payment services not being covered by the FSCS - which is true. The FSCS protection relates to the client being protected by the FSCS and not to the payment service provider.

4) Paul (Pres) - What is BBCode ?

5) I apologise again
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CannyInvestor wrote:
4) Paul (Pres) - What is BBCode ?

http://www.aardvarkbusiness.net/chat/faq.php#21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CannyInvestor, thanks for your reply. Talk of zapping came up because people do try to spam the forums ... and the first few posts are often a good indication of their intentions.

Are you the same person as the TrustedFriend who's been posting/spamming other forums? Are you from the same organisation?

Are there any other companies in the UK with your registration as an escrow service? With the millions of dollars that pass through escrow companies each month it seems odd that none of the big boys have bothered to get a piece of paper that you're talking up as being critical to trust.

Quote:
Escrow services in the UK are required to be registered since 1 November 2009... The FSA interpretation of the law for Payment Services registered companies to follow under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 is 148 pages long and can be found at fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/PSD_approach.pdf. It is demanding, to say the least.

Fair enough. I'll take your tip that it's demanding and I'll skip reading the entire text. However, a quick search through the text suggests that the term escrow doesn't crop up even once which seems a bit odd.
habeeb24
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Domain and Hosting Reply with quote

Recently I have took one domain,That was cost around 10$ and hosting charges was around 60$ per year.
Its really good,i didn't find any difficulty up to now,its already 1 yr is over i am happy with my vendor services.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum