AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Business Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekC
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: New Business Idea Reply with quote

An idea came up into my mind, to produce glow-in-the-dark paint. It is made with the help of luminophore. Do you think it is necessary today? It has an endless variety of usage! You can paint glowing pictures on the T-shirts, you can paint car wheel rims or just paint pictures, which will glow on the wall at night. Just imagine...an ordinary picture in daytime and a glowing one at night. It's fantastic!!! So what do you think? An interesting business?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you researched this?

Such paints already exist...
Gaddon
Executive PA
Executive PA

91 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always paint some pictures and see if they sell, however don't use the old paint it contained radium and caused problems to the people that painted it onto the dials of watches. They used to lick the bristles to make them form a neater line.
DerekC
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:

Yes, I do agree with you. You can find some glowing paints, but they have their own sphere of usage, it is too narrow I guess. As for luminophore, it is used in combination with a lacquer. The lacquer that you use should be appropriate for the type of material you wish to paint: for metal, wood, plastic and the like. So this way you can paint anything you want. And it will glow in the dark! Very Happy
DerekC
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaddon wrote:
You could always paint some pictures and see if they sell, however don't use the old paint it contained radium and caused problems to the people that painted it onto the dials of watches. They used to lick the bristles to make them form a neater line.

I'm sure that the pictures painted with luminophore will be awesome!!! Just imagine an ordinary picture in daytime, and the same picture that glows in the dark! The fantastic effect! As far as I know luminophore is completely safe material, it doesn't do any harm to the health, cuz it doesn't contain any radioactive isotopes!!!
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekC wrote:
paul wrote:

Yes, I do agree with you. You can find some glowing paints, but they have their own sphere of usage, it is too narrow I guess. As for luminophore, it is used in combination with a lacquer. The lacquer that you use should be appropriate for the type of material you wish to paint: for metal, wood, plastic and the like. So this way you can paint anything you want. And it will glow in the dark! Very Happy

What is there that can't currently be painted with luminous paint that is going to make people want to buy your product?
DerekC
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
DerekC wrote:
paul wrote:

What is there that can't currently be painted with luminous paint that is going to make people want to buy your product?

Many surfaces can be lent this luminescent effect: metal, wood, brick, concrete sand, cement, façade tiles, gypsum board, polystyrene and others.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still struggling to see what is going to make your business different. Why are people going to buy from you rather than any of the established players already in the industry?
richardbarker
Executive
Executive

276 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things,

1) We sell Glow in the Dark acrylic nail art powders to our nail techs. Clients have normal looking nails in the daytime and at night they glow, we have Green, Yellow, Blue, Turquoise and Purple colours. Younger clients have them for clubbing and can have mad crazy nails for going out, but have sensible nails for their office job.

2) My dad had his own engineering supply company and they used a product called JayLight (I think that;s how you spell it) It was a green Glow In Dark paint that was sold to industry who used it in machine shops and factories to help map out emergency exit routes in case of fire. The paint absorbs light during normal working practice and if there is a fire and the smoke cuts the lights the floors would glow bright green showing people the way out. Very effective.

My point is, rather than market your paint as a gimmick to retail customers like we do with our nail powder, why not market it as a vital safety feature for industry. If your paint can adhere to any surface like you say and it's hard wearing enough your sure to be successful. Wink

Lucky for you I only ask for 1% sales as a commission Laughing
KateB
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Paul to a large extent......
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you agree with Paul? Any particular reason?
KateB
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very statement made by Paul makes it clear

"Why are people going to buy from you rather than any of the established players already in the industry?"
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay wrote:
Why do you agree with Paul? Any particular reason?

Aye... very strange. It doesn't normally happen around here. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum