AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TicketSwitch anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DylanBaxendale
PA
PA

45 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Kay! I will keep you updated!
DylanBaxendale
PA
PA

45 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still busy in the process of setting up our TicketSwitch affiliate programme and some big strides have been made over the last couple of days. Some of the advanced talks that we have been involved with are taking shape and should be sorted out soon. I will keep you updated.

We haven't updated the content on the Ticketswitch and Ingresso sites as of yet but there has been some cosmetic changes to the sites made. Do you guys think these changes are for the better or worse?

Your opinion would be appreciated!

D
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I'll reserve comments or criticism until I see something more finished.

Meanwhile, though, I really don't like the white writing on the bright blue background because I'm finding it very difficult to read. I may be atypical because I have poor eyesight, but I do think you could maybe go a bit easier on the poor old eyeballs.

BTW, as I mentioned earlier, we've been promoting tickets through Viator for a while. I just checked today to see what we've made - zilcho. Not a bean. Obviously I need to try something different or forget about spending time on this sort of activity. Maybe you can help.
DylanBaxendale
PA
PA

45 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback Kay! We have had various comments on the colour of the text, I tend to lean towards your opinion but have had a lot of positive feedback as well. It is very interesting hearing the different opinions out there and will be passing on all the different feedback we get.

I like your Viator site very much by the way!

Have you never made a ticket sale on your site? (Sorry if I misunderstood your comment) What type of ticket product are you making available besides tours etc? It is confusing to see why you would not be making any ticket sales on the site, especially as I would imagine that your main product would be selling very well. With a bit more information on these questions I could maybe have a bit more of an idea of what is possibly happening. But in the past most our top affiliates have been travel sites offering tickets on their sites alongside their main travel product. Mmmm, confusing, I wonder if there might be a product clash?
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promote Viator's offerings via two different sites and in different ways.

One is my long-established BritishExpat .com site, where we offer loads of "things to do when you get there". We have a white-label thingy. I saw a similar type of thing for TicketSwitch, liked it, and that's why I thought this might be good for us to try.

And the other is on my newish disabled travel resource (link in sig) where I've been adding various attractions suitable for disabled travellers.

You understood perfectly - according to the reports I'm getting from their aff. interface, we have never made a sale via Viator. Now that does seem a bit odd to me as they seem to be offering a good product and we are well placed to sell it.

TBH, we're making most of our money from AdSense anyway, despite having been Pandalized recently on our best earner. I would like to get more into aff. marketing and I know in theory how to do it, but it's just not happening for me.

We're trying to sell tickets for attractions as well as tours, things like Madame Tussauds etc. I can understand not selling anything on the newer site but I'd expect to do a bit better on the older one. It's obvious to me that either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just not doing something right. I don't know.

Maybe their reporting system has some kind of fault because I do have vague memories of making sales before in the distant past. Frankly, I don't have a clue what's going on with this. I really appreciate your help, thanks.
DylanBaxendale
PA
PA

45 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome!

Thanks for the information.

Could I please ask you for a direct link to a landing page that offers tickets for sale? I don't know if I am possibly looking in the wrong place but I cannot find ticket sales on the expat site.

I can then have a look at your page and buy process and maybe give you some feedback. Are you sure that your links are still live? If you remember possibly making some sales in the past and nothing is coming through there might be the possibility of broken links or links with missing ids or something along those lines.

Cheers
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. It's terrific when we get such helpful new members on here.

I'm a bit reluctant to continue the specific discussion about my sites in public, not least because the Aardvark owners are in the travel affiliate marketing business themselves. We co-operate rather than compete, so I'll not post my link.

I'll PM you in the hope of getting some advice.

Hope this is acceptable to all.
DylanBaxendale
PA
PA

45 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes perfect sense Kay!
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay wrote:
I'm a bit reluctant to continue the specific discussion about my sites in public, not least because the Aardvark owners are in the travel affiliate marketing business themselves....

On that account, you needn't worry at all, Kay...

Aaron

PS - Welcome aboard, Dylan. Wave
DylanBaxendale
PA
PA

45 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aaron

Thank you for the welcome!

Catch up soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum