AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you turned customer complaints Into business success?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigDogStudioX
Secretary
Secretary

24 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Have you turned customer complaints Into business success? Reply with quote

These days with social media in the mix customer complaints seems to be a difficult subject for many.
Would be interesting to know if anyone got any good customer complaints success stories.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this day and age, I think any business that is in the public eye and doesn't take customer complaints seriously, is taking big risks. Sites like Tripadvisor in the travel sector in which I work are a classic example of how, if you handle a complaint badly, it'll be there for all to see.

I had a pretty unsavoury experience when going on holiday last year. To cut a long story short, we reached our self-catering accommodation in Cornwall at about half past midnight, having alerted reception in advance that we would be a late arrival. This was not a problem, we were told, and the restaurant staff would be on hand to give us the key to the accommodation. If they were to leave before our arrival, they would call us to advise where the key had been placed.

Anyway... we arrived. Hadn't been called, so guessed there would still be staff milling around (it was a place we'd been to before, so we knew where to head). Staff had packed up, gone home and forgotten to call. We were unable to get into our accommodation and about 1am - with young family - and effectively homeless for the night! Eventually we managed to find somewhere at around 3am - not a good start to our holiday, especially after such a long drive. The management were horrified, understably, and we were suitably recompensed. They really were very embarrassed and the tune to which they re-imbursed was fitting, really, so I see no reason to 'name and shame'. But had they handled it differently, of course I would have made a point of posting it on the likes of TA.

Moral of the story: nip a complaint in the bud, take it seriously and deal with it professionally and you'll have a chance to sort it out. Otherwise, ignore at your peril.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we had a really awful stay at an airport hotel so I wrote about it on one of my own sites. The manager was very quick off the mark to give us a full refund and an apology. I was very satisfied with that. A nice bit of damage limitation on the hotel manager's part.

As for our own customer service, hmm, that leaves a lot to be desired. I do my best for good members but when people show up to complain that the whole place isn't run to suit them, I'm afraid they don't get a lot of sympathy from me. Twisted Evil
smith360
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that in a success business there's no any receive complaints because I believe that a complaints means you have a good customers who really let you know what might wrong with your product/services and that's how a business will grow and be stronger.
smith360
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Have you turned customer complaints Into business succes Reply with quote

BigDogStudioX wrote:
These days with social media in the mix customer complaints seems to be a difficult subject for many.
Would be interesting to know if anyone got any good customer complaints success stories.

Business success stories is the most good to read about!
Business success won't be achieve not even facing problems, it always go in a business. But some may be abusive through posting complaints in social media, it affect and a minus factor for a business.
bscsoftware
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Constant Watch Reply with quote

If you are worried about these types of smear campaigns, try using google alerts.

It's a free service that emails you every time someone posts an article / blog/ etc with your name, website, phone number, etc.

It takes some time to sort through the false alarms, but serves as a great early warning system.

And to end on a positive note- we have also found that customers have also recommended our software on their own. One client posted a great review to a website for similar professionals and we have gotten multiple leads from it already.

Note- it was a genuine post and she has great name recognition in the space so it was much more valuable than a paid/fake/poorly written post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum