AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World's cleverest woman can't get work
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it's up to the company to provide stimulating work though isn't it? If a company is looking to grow and improve then it will need smart people. If it only hires people to maintain their current level then that's no good.
annstar
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd be interested to know what kind of jobs she's been applying for, and if she got through to the interview stage, if so maybe its not her education that meant she didnt get the job.
gumihomiho
PA
PA

32 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: World's cleverest woman can't get work Reply with quote

aaron wrote:
A Bulgarian woman rated the world's cleverest wants a British firm to give her a job after spending two years on the dole.

Bulgarian Daniela Simidchieva, a mother of three, has five Masters Degrees and an IQ of almost 200. She's listed by the country's Mensa office as the world's cleverest but despite sending off hundreds of applications she still hasn't found a job. Her IQ is the same as that of chemist Marie Curie who was the first person to win the Noble Prize twice but cannot even get a cleaning job.

Daniela said: "I love learning, but I also want to work. In the last 44 years I have studied economics, education and sociology at universities in Bulgaria and Britain. I am qualified as an industrial engineer, as an English teacher and as an electrical engineer as well as having my five Masters degrees. "But in Bulgaria I have found that employers do not want clever employees. Even when I had a job, the largest salary I ever managed was just 90 a month."

Aaron

In my opinion, I think one of the reasons that she can't find a work despite her knowledge is she has high expectations in the work position. She didn't know that being on top is a stepping stone. Even so, maybe, she's over qualified to all the position she applied or working is not her destiny. How sad for him, Just try and try until you succeed. Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum