AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What business should I consider?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Be-VA-wise
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rudolph

By now you've probably already started your own business (it's almost a year since your original post). If not, I can maybe recommend something that definately works.

Since you were talking about doing more or less the same line of work as in your 9-5 day job, I would suggest you look at providing credit management services "virtually" to your own clients.
- the learning curve is non-existing since you already have all the experience
-start-up costs are minimal. You only need a computer, internet connection (which you already have) and a place at home to work

Start doing it on an part-time basis until you have a nice client base, then decide if it is truly what you want to do.

Companies are paying quite well for these type of services. A good website to take you through the whole process of starting your own "virtual services" business from home is: be-virtual-assistant-wise.com.

There are so many good ideas in this thread. Let us know what you have decided to do in the end.

Regards
Francis
jonicode
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Just a few words from me, for what it's worth...

1. go for something you'll enjoy (you're more likely to work at it if it's something you enjoy, and thus it'll have a greater chance of success)

So true. Working at something that you enjoy doing will not only keep your levels of your interest active, but will also keep you motivated for the long run.
robpotter7
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! That's a great idea either. Just don't forget to unwind, don't get too busy.

-------------------------------------------------------
<spammy fake sig deleted>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum