AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For misssabby - domain and hosting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: For misssabby - domain and hosting Reply with quote

Re buying the domain, a lot of people recommend GoDaddy and also NameCheap. (We mostly use NameCheap.)

As for hosting, we used betterwebspace.com for a number of years and were very happy with the service. The only reason we left was because our needs became too big for what they offered at that time.

Keiron, the guy who owns the place was always very good - we were sorry to leave him but we parted on good terms. Now we use ServeInt. They're pretty good but probably a bit expensive/heavy for someone starting out.

I expect others will have their own recommendations.

When choosing a domain registrar, one thing to be careful about is whether they want to charge you a fortune for a transfer out if you want to move away from them. Don't get locked in!

Having just been in a battle with 123-reg after they tried to swipe our domain off us, I can't say that I'd recommend them, except perhaps to my worst enemy.
misssabby
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendations! Especially Name Cheap, just had a look at the website, and I'm impressed, didn't realize it could be so cheap! Very Happy And the features they offer look and sound amazing! Betterwebhosting sounds exactly what I need! especailly because my needs are going to be very small any way.

I appreciate this advice alot!
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to be appreciated. Don't forget to come back and tell us how you're getting on and if you want to talk about anything else. Very Happy
misssabby
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Don't worry I will do! Hopefully I can get it started pretty soon, although I do have a tendancy to be lazy! So this advice is keeping me motiviated. Can't wait till its up and running! Then I will start celebrating with a few (ALOT) of <please don't go back to edit links into your posts>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum