AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How important is education when you're young?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: How important is education when you're young? Reply with quote

An interesting American study here suggests that poor schooling at kindergarten level has a big impact on chances of going to university.

http://www.bundle.com/everybodysmoney/salary-paid-attention-kindergarten-12157#/agdata_bbViz_getCatSpendData/U.S./0/0/0/0/201003/12
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to think that getting into the sausage machine of school to uni, etc, isn't necessarily the best answer. There are different routes to uni so I wouldn't worry too much about getting education when you're young.

You can fail at school, go and do your own thing, and then go back and get your education later - or not. Andrew Carnegie, once the richest man in the world, didn't have much of a formal education in his early years.

I think it depends on the person not the process.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a general rule, I'd say it's good to learn young where possible. Of course, there will always be exceptions where people have had little in the way of qualifications and yet gone on to succeed so there will always be people who buck the trend but, for most, I think it's best to learn early where possible. Just look at something like languages which children pick up so much better from a young age.
John Bellamy
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: vital to learn early Reply with quote

When childen are young they are picking up so much around them, like speaking, walking, mannerisms and writing. All of these things become second nature as the child has never known any different. OK, many of these things are natural instinct, but it seems likley that whatever that at this time when the child is so highly succesptible to their surroundings they will pick up academic skills much easier at this age thanif they were start later. Children who learn to play instruments early find it much easier to progress, and surely this applied to education.

This being said, people should always try and evolve by constantly picking up new skills, regardless of their stage in life.
John Bellamy
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very important i'd say! I think to get the basics right when your young puts you in a good position to go on to learn more later on.

I did well at school up until 16 but then got a job and returned to education 10 years later. I maintain that the fact I did well ( with good results ) up until i left helped in so many ways.

Cheers

JB
adrika12
Secretary
Secretary

24 ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For new generation, Education is very very important. Now a days education is major source of people income. Now a days people learn for the purpose of earning. They don't learn for the purpose to get education. They think that education is main source of income
Bliss Felton
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally talking, I would say that education and learning ,means schooling, is very essential at the young age. But exceptions are always there. One might not have adequate resources to get proper schooling or traditional schooling system might not appeal one. But it doesn't mean that one can't be genius without formal school education. But formal school education is really very important to acquire quality higher education in universities and carry out the business in a disciplined manner.
wantong123
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor schooling at kindergarten level has a big impact on chances of going to university,it's very reasonable.
GingerGinger
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think learning the values and importance of education at a young age are most important. Not so much the actual eduaction itsself...people all mature at different ages, therefore some find it easier to learn at a young age, whereas others need to mature within themselves before having the ability to focus and study on their education.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum