AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has any one read any book on business set up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bossbuild
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Has any one read any book on business set up? Reply with quote

Good evening all,

I was wondering if any one has read any specific book on setting up a successful business, if yes which ones and would you recommend them or any others?

I am asking as i have read one so far and found it a thrill to read and very inspiring and wanted to share my comments on it and find out about the other books out there to get more inspiration from.

Thanks in advance

Phil
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil

If you're talking about setting up online businesses, then you're probably better off reading things online. When you consider the lead time to get a book published, much of the information will already be out of date before the book hits the shelves. Even magazines often have several months between writing and publication.

If you're looking for business strategy in general then there are the usual classics, such as Kotler.

Beware of MMOs (Make Money Online) offerings. Most of them are a con to part people from their money. You're better off asking questions and discussing the issues on forums such as this one.
bossbuild
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kay,

Thank you for your reply, i guess i was a bit unclear in ways about what kind of book i was mentioning, i understand there are many out there that are not so good and out of date with information.
The book i recently read was titled "How to make millions without a degree" by Simon Dolan, in his book he talked about how he started and grew his company to be what it is today, he suggested reading other entrepreneur's books as that is something he has done over the years whilst growing his company. it helped shed some light on many aspects of my life and future which i personally think is a great thing for a book to do Smile

i guess a better question that i should have asked is has anyone read a book from another persons business life and how they got to where they are today, running a successful business.....

Of course each person is different with the skills they have and they way they look upon things in life, would be sad if we all lived identical life's Smile I will carry on my search for other helpful books for businesses, or those looking to start one up.
I Think it would be a good idea to have a good list of resources for all those looking to get started, at last that way they can find books and resources which will truly help them and hopefully stop them getting caught up by one of those make money schemes where you part with your money only to get nothing back in return.

i hope this has made the type of books i am on about a bit clearer as i for one take a lot more from reading a book instead of sitting online searching around as i spend all day working at the pc Smile is just nice to relax on the sofa and diving into a really good informative book as well as forums like these Smile makes a good mixture of knowledge.

Thanks again for your reply

Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum