AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writing articles for web sites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hub-UK
Vice President
Vice President

419 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Writing articles for web sites Reply with quote

Anyone have any idea of how to find writers and what to pay them for articles to be published on web sites?

Alternatively are there people out there who want to write food or cooking artilces in return for a link.

I do wonder if this sort of link is now damaging since Google Panda although I can't see why they should penalise you for crediting an author through a link.
www.kitchenskill.com
www.cookingholidays.co.uk
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David

Good to see you here.

I hope it's something they penalise for or plan to penalise for. I allow guest bloggers on my luxury travel blog and I credit them with a link in return, but I don't allow them to choose the text that makes up the link (I just link to the homepage with the site/company name). Here's an example:

http://www.aluxurytravelblog.com/2011/09/20/africas-world-beater-the-saxon-boutique-hotel/

Talking of food, I've also recently invited people to submit recipes to that blog, again in return for a link. For example:

http://www.aluxurytravelblog.com/2011/09/16/recipe-of-the-week-king-crab-risotto/

Plus I regularly hire freelance writers (in fact, I can never get enough of them).

Because I do it on quite a scale, I look for 'cheap' whilst still trying to retain some degree of quality. As for 'how' I get them, it's usually through blogging, forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

eg. http://www.ukseries.com/blog/2011/09/looking-to-work-from-home-ukseries-is-hiring/
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David

I mostly hire people I've met on forums. You get an idea what the person is like from their postings and then you get to 'know' them and whether they'd be good to work with or not.

I've had good and bad experiences of this, ranging from control freaks who want to tell me how to run my business to people who never deliver and then just disappear. I also have a real gem of a writer. (Paul knows about him but I'm not wanting anyone to poach him from me.) Twisted Evil

Similarly, I've picked up some jobs myself from various forum owners.
sbglobal79
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: web design forum Reply with quote

I allow guest bloggers on my luxury travel blog and I credit them with a link in return, but I don't allow them to choose the text that makes up the link (I just link to the homepage with the site/company name). Here's an example:
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a strange introductory post. Confused Why don't you go and introduce yourself properly and then you'll be welcome to join in the discussions on this forum.

It's very interesting that you have a luxury travel blog. I know someone who is the leader in that niche. He's a nice guy too!
wadeinni
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, I know you posted this back in September but I just wanted to chime in because the issue of writing for websites is something I deal with everyday. In addition to running a small business, my wife and I write quite a few helpful articles every week on our startup business website making sure to follow the requirements of Google panda to the T.

We do also get many request from guest bloggers to drop "an original and unique" article on our site in return for a linkback to whatever site they're promoting. The first thing we always ask back in emails is how they found our website and whether or not their site has a clean history especially regarding Google seo. I do also agree with the moderator of this site in limiting the outbound linkback text being used by certain bloggers if you have good reason to believe it might hurt your own site in SEO.

But bottom line is, look for quality writers with a good style and great reputation across social media and different forums.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay wrote:
It's very interesting that you have a luxury travel blog. I know someone who is the leader in that niche. He's a nice guy too!

LOL... I missed this. sbglobal79... we should talk! Well... maybe not. Wink

Some good points there, wadeinni. It's always to tread very wisely and keep the big G happy as best you can. And I think you're right to go for quality rather than quantity.

I'd perhaps naiively never really thought to check sites for their history. Is it particularly damaging to link to a site that has had a shady past with Google?
Ambit Energy
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SEOmoz recommended list is a long-standing editorial project. Historically, we've never taken referral fees or compensation for listing companies - it is based purely on our interactions, experiences and work with these consultants and the positive experiences of their customers.

As part of our partnership with Distilled, we do collect a small portion of consulting fees. We do certainly recommend Distilled entirely apart from this relationship (and have for years prior to this agreement) and it's why they're listed at the top. All other firms are listed in alphabetical order.

Currently, there's no application process for being listed; however, this is something we're considering for the future. For now, if you're seeking inclusion, do great things in the SEO community publicly and we'll find you!

Embarassed
John Galt
Ambit Energy, Sales Consultant
St. Louis, Missouri
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambit Energy - posting from the Philippines - is now banned. Not only is he lying about his location (and presumably name), but the above is also just a 'copy and paste' job...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum