AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turning a blog into an app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Turning a blog into an app Reply with quote

I was just reading an article in a travel industry publication that has this month focussed on apps and the mobile web. It reads "The one area that is showing promise centres on special offers, vouchers and limited-offer sales."

I am not really interested in investing thousands of s in an app that might or (perhaps more likely) might not work, but we do have a blog that focusses on UK travel offers (a Wordpress blog at http://www.uktraveloffers.com ) that might lend itself well.

Does anyone know if there is a way of quickly and inexpensively 'translating' a Wordpress blog into an app?

Thanks.
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: This is a great suggestion Reply with quote

I think it would be a great idea to have an App that can turn any Blog into an App. The best I can do on my site, is load my Blog into a normal webpage.

Drachsi
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys might be able to help

http://www.appmakr.com/
Mark Johnson
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this kind of app sent to me by a marketing guy from the U.S. couple of years ago. Codes must still be in an old drive somewhere. Quite simple actually, looks like a browser which only loads your own website. It's a desktop app but I'm sure you can easily find some app programmer here or from Eastern Europe (much cheaper) who can do mobile for your site if that's what you're looking for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum