AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many people visit your site via a PDA/phone browser ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: How many people visit your site via a PDA/phone browser ? Reply with quote

I just looked at one of our sites and discovered that it's <1%. This could be because we haven't optimised the site for mobile content or it could be that it's not the type of site that people would think to use while they're on the hoof.

How about you? Have you done anything to encourage more traffic from mobile users? Do you think it matters?
satti
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: pda Reply with quote

although phones are generally used now for internet browsing, most of the time people will only use their phone browsers to visit social networking sites. Other sites like forums and blog they would still prefer browsing them on a larger screen of pc and laptops.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You keep making a number of sweeping claims, satti, but where the figures to back them up?

Speaking for myself only, I very rarely use my phone for social networking. Mostly I use it for handling email when I'm on the move, or occasional browsing, and sometimes for watching YouTube or iPlayer. I don't particularly use it for forums, but there are apps available that make using a forum on a mobile device an easier proposition.

With our sites, I've not especially done anything to try to encourage more traffic from mobile users. I just do things to try to encourage more traffic full stop, regardless of the means of browsing. But then I would expect most of our paying visitors (ie. visitors that earn us money) to prefer access to something other than a smartphone, in order to enter booking details, credit card info, etc. - it's all a lot easier with a proper keyboard in front of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum