AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift 3D + Flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Graphic Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Swift 3D + Flash Reply with quote

When I started looking into 3D animations last week, I expected that I can do this using only Flash, but apparently not(?). But I find tutorials on Flash 3D animations, and many (or most?) of them suggest to use Flash with Swift 3D. How does this work? If I get a copy of this software Swift 3D, can I easily create Flash 3D animations?
chaten
PA
PA

28 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

It's been a long time since i used it but i believe Swift has 3D capabilities which you can export to Flash. Maya also does the same but you'll have to pay around 5000 for the pleasure of using the software!

chaten@conceptstore.co.uk
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes Reply with quote

chaten wrote:
Maya also does the same but you'll have to pay around 5000 for the pleasure of using the software!

Assuming that you can afford this comfortably, is it such a great software? Also do you have to have Maya to create sophisticated 3D animations ...?
chaten
PA
PA

28 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: MAYA Reply with quote

Maya is very good software and is/was used on movies like the Matrix, Lord of the Rings and others. Its hardcore 3D development, a pain in the arse to use but good software. I would not recommend it just for Flash exporting but it does have the capability.
It is one of the top software applications for 3D animation but as you can see from the price range it is for high end users. It is worth having/using for a top notch 3D animator who works on these type of projects.
I would not say that you have to have it, it all depends on your work flow and what would be the best option for the job.

chaten@conceptstore.co.uk
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just say that the price is non-issue. Let's say that I want to create animations like rotating company logos for websites. Is Maya one of the best software applications to do something like that?
KajolThappar
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

download the FLA and see how the masking was used to make the warer reflect and move. 2) Use After Effects preset animations...and export via AVI then import into Flash as FLV. 3) Not as realistic but will work...get a photo of water...make a mask over it....turn the photo of water into a movieClip..edit the movie clip to make it tween "move". Good luck with the project.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think this person is still working on this more than 2.5 years later? Rolling Eyes
bccy254
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use Google translator I can't understand you and you can't understand me. It's better if you improve your English instead of letting a program do the work for you.

Are you sure that Swift 3D does not work with Flash CS5? Try and import something from Swift 3D and see what happens.

Flash CS5 is one of the many upgrades following Flash MX. It should work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Graphic Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum