AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A reason for a lack of investment in training?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: A reason for a lack of investment in training? Reply with quote

Quote:
It's often said these days that companies aren't investing enough in the skills of their workforce, in particular in management training. With the average tenure of an employee at any one company on the decrease, is this creating a disincentive for companies to invest in staff?

Source

Thoughts?
AdvertisingGuerrilla
Executive
Executive

156 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt.

The UK is particularly bad at training its staff, ironically training staff and investing in their future often increases company loyalty, increases productivity and staff retention.

With regards to management training, since the late 90's the considered wisdom in business structure has vilified all management positions in a vein attempt to reduce costs and improve productivity by empowering lower level employees.
Gaddon
Executive PA
Executive PA

91 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found quite recently that I'm getting enquiries, but they all seem to be from the staff, not the managers or people that can authorise the cost, maybe everyone is trying to get some of the training for free? Or not letting on that they want the training?
At present most of my courses are being run in Australia and the USA.
max steve
Secretary
Secretary

6 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are still going and running their organization on previous and old methods.So i must say that there is a need to bring change.Every one should introduce the latest and theory Y management in business so it will reestablish the business on modern basis.Other wise situation will be the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum