AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Telephone marketing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you use telephone marketing?
I do, and use the DNC listing.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I do, and don't use the DNC listing.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I do, and use the DNC plus have Scrubbing software.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I don't do any telephone marketing, never have.
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
I don't do any tele marketing, scared of being fined.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

DoNotCallGuy
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Telephone marketing? Reply with quote

Does anyone still use telephone marketing. With the DNC listing I would imagine many are scared to attempt this method. For so many years it was the easiest way to increase direct sales. I am just wondering if we will see telephone marketing disappear.
BernardErtl
President
President

11 ants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do B2B calling to a vertical market.
unimatrix
Executive PA
Executive PA

49 ants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate telemarketers so much that I decided very early on in our business to market the company in such a way that people call us. It worked. Mostly it was due to networking and attending a lot of user group meetings coupled with USD 20k on print and radio ads in the first year of start up, but it worked.
I, Brian
Executive
Executive

220 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, as soon as I am able to start marketing my company properly, I will be cold calling with the telephone. Did it before in insurance and hated it, but this time it will mean something to me.

I know of SEO companies already aggressively marketing themselves in this way, and they are winning the business through these aggressive tactics. I need to match that at least in my local market. The returns are certainly high enough to justify and reward such action.

Btw - hope Aaron the Aardvark doesn't mind, but there's an excellent post over in business-talk that covers cold calling, as part of a general local marketing plan - I think it could make for useful reading:

http://www.business-talk.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, Brian wrote:
I know of SEO companies already aggressively marketing themselves in this way, and they are winning the business through these aggressive tactics. I need to match that at least in my local market. The returns are certainly high enough to justify and reward such action.

You wouldn't be referring to the likes of Iomart and Search Engineers, would you? Rarely does a week go by in our office without us getting a call from one of them. Rolling Eyes

If you are going down this route (which can work), I wouldn't go down the 'hard sales' line. From my experience the 'hard sales' people tell whatever lies you want to hear that will make you sign on the dotted line. Better is to be totally up-front about what your service can and can't achieve, point your prospective clients to examples of what you have achieved (ie. if you search Google for 'x', you'll notice we've achieved a #3 for client 'y'), explain that online promotion takes time (clients usually want results tomorrow, but in my opinion it's better to tell them that value for money SEO is something that takes time)... that sort of thing. But I'm sure you know all this. Smile

This might bring fewer clients than those with more agressive tactics but you are likely to get a far higher % of clients that are happy with your work.

Paul
leadsgene
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: telemarketing is still alive Reply with quote

Telemarketing being dead is far from reality. Many companies are still using this direct response tool both in B2C and B2B lead generation campaigns. As long as your list is privacy-compliant, there is nothing to worry about. Keep your focus more on your sales pitch and your approach.

Thanks,
----------------------------------

LedgerLeads | Sales Leads and Appointments for Accounting, Tax and Financial Services
satti
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BernardErtl wrote:
We do B2B calling to a vertical market.

b2b calling is a better way as compare to b2c, any one can file suit after getting the details. so, its better to be on the safe side.
Mark Johnson
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not using it at the moment but I have this nagging feeling that I'm leaving money on the table. Will have to go about it cautiously though, strongly dislike cold-calling telemarketers, don't want to be at the opposite end pestering folks myself.
callbox
Secretary
Secretary

20 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: telemarketing is still alive Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more. Telemarketing is NOT dead. I think another thing that you have to focus on is to fully understand your prospects and not just keep pushing your product.

leadsgene wrote:
Telemarketing being dead is far from reality. Many companies are still using this direct response tool both in B2C and B2B lead generation campaigns. As long as your list is privacy-compliant, there is nothing to worry about. Keep your focus more on your sales pitch and your approach.

Thanks,
----------------------------------

LedgerLeads | Sales Leads and Appointments for Accounting, Tax and Financial Services
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum