AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make friends and influence people

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: How to make friends and influence people Reply with quote

I would say that giving before you try to take and making friends is the best way forward in internet business.

I'm no use at sales, and I would rather starve to death than try to cheat anyone.

My 'tactic', which is not a 'get-rich-quick' method, is to go out on the internet and meet people. I make loads of friends, we discuss, we don't always agree, but this has created many fantastic opportunities for me.

If I had showed up with a spammy post advertising my business or saying "visit my website" I'd have lost out on so many opportunities.

Being part of a community really does work. People want to be involved with your projects. They can see win-wins. Always try to give the other person something. It can often be something that you'll enjoy and benefit from too.

The very worst way to do business is to show up with an advert or invitation to visit your website. That's enough to make me reach for the puke bucket.

Everyone has their own take on this, so I look forward to your input on this.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more, really. Anyone with an ounce of web savviness will know this. Just post a link straight away and you'll be regarded as a spammer. Get involved a bit and you'll be welcomed with open arms.

It's not rocket science but too many people online are after the 'quick fix' rather than the longer term effort.
martynh
Vice President
Vice President

419 ants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the name of the game is reciprocation

too many with the "Yellow Pages" or banner ad mentality...
...lazy in your face marketing
are finding it backfires badly in the social media environment
andykeating
Executive PA
Executive PA

53 ants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though its good to join the communities & promote the products but i don't think that other methods are a waste.Suppose you join a community then start making friends & out of those friends only few of them agree with your product, so i think its a time consuming process.
I think the other methods are quite quick & rewarding.if you'll post links & sites on your first posts then obviously you'll be banned.But if you get involved & provide good responses no one will ban you.
Bill Ryan
Executive PA
Executive PA

67 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can spot the type very quicky. Jumping in with help and link dropping left right and centreor just doing cut & paste jobs from elsewhere on the net etc. Not a good look.
ToAfrica.net
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Community, Forum, SNS, Twitter, Blog, or join more party, then you can get more friends.
Mark Johnson
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Being part of a community really does work. People want to be involved with your projects. They can see win-wins. Always try to give the other person something. It can often be something that you'll enjoy and benefit from too.

Completely agree with this. Networking, being involved, being part of a community, contributing -- all these take time and effort, something that noobs and spammers aren't prepared to invest.
elitebag
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: How to make friends and influence people Reply with quote

Yes,I agree with you .For internet business,some customers may not believe you so much ,it is good to make friends with them first .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum