AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A logo is important

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graphicdesigner
Temp

13 ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: A logo is important Reply with quote

I am a freelance graphic designer and if i were to give important advice to business it would be to have a good logo, business card and letterhead. It represents your business.

Tony

<fake sig removed>
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More important, I would argue, is just doing a good job.

I don't remember the last time I gave out a business card and I only generally use letterheads for invoicing. An eye-catching logo is one thing, but it doesn't count for much if it's not backed by a good service or product.

There are plenty of examples of companies that have risen to success without a decent logo. The one that immediately springs to mind for me is this:

Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a good job is important but first impressions count for a lot too. With an online business, one of the first things anyone sees is your logo. It can influence their perception of you as to whether they think you look professional or not.

Last edited by Kay on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I don't disagree. I suppose I'm just arguing that what you actually do - rather than how you look - is more important.
Richardsha
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said! You meet people anywhere and everywhere that ask what you do for a living; I always thought it was the coolest thing in the world to whip out a business card and give it to someone. And logo, it attracts attention, and leaves an everlasting impression in people's minds.
am
Secretary
Secretary

20 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would always use a professional designer, though crowd sourced options are getting more popular. Regardless, you have be comfortable with whatever logo you decide to go with, you're happy. Your business in an ideal world is your life's work, so you have to be happy with key aspects of it like the identity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum