AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Micro Jobs site for Students and everybody else

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: A Micro Jobs site for Students and everybody else Reply with quote

Only a week old, but before I send out Press Releases, I would appreciate comments about http://www.marketing-yourself.co.uk

Regards
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It instantly reminded me of http://fiverr.com/ which I'm sure you're familiar with. In fact, when I start looking at the categories, a number of them look to be similar (eg. 'Fun & Bizarre' which is quite a specific category name... surely more than just a co-incidence there that you both have the same choice of category?)

So... my immediate thoughts are that this is trying to re-invent something that already exists, only because you're second to the concept (or third or fourth or whatever...) then you just won't achieve the same levels of interest and publicity that are required to make a site like this work.

Take the Million Dollar Homepage as an example. Loads of similar, pixel advertising based sites appeared in the immediate aftermath. But did they work? Pretty much all failed miserably.

This would be my big concern with a site like this...
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

You are one hundred percent correct. I am trying to use the concept for the UK market and focus on helping Students locate a source of income, which they can do in their spare time. I appreciate your comments.

Regards
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I'm guessing it's all going to come down to whether you're able to achieve the critical mass of site visitors that would be required to make a site like this work. Bearing in mind that you're also effectively competing with the likes of established sites such as People Per Hour, Freelancer.net, Elance and loads more, it could be pretty tough going. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum