AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to get rid of white pixels ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Graphic Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: How to get rid of white pixels ... Reply with quote

I have a certain image and this has transparent pixels. I want to use this against a dark background color. So, ... I want to get rid of all white and white-ish pixels that make this image look like it has border line. How do I do this? How do I get rid of white pixels ... (in Photoshop)?
lawton27
PA
PA

27 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use the majic wand tool it selects all pixles of a certain color then press deleet on the white pixles, be warned only certan images can have a tranceparant background, .jpg's cant .png would probably be the best resoulution that can, i'm not too shure if photoshop can save as .png though, but .gif works, just try diferent file types out see which is best.

for the borderline, what i would do if majic wand tool doesn't work try just using the blur tool all around the edge blending in the white pixles to the cloured ones.
asim.adeel
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dead or stuck pixel on an LCD screen or TFT can be incredibly annoying. You’ll be staring at it for days on end, wondering for how long you’ll be without your screen or maybe your entire laptop if you decided to turn it in for repair or replacement. All that grieve over something as unimportant, yet highly irritating as a malfunctioning pixel.

Before you run the item back to the store though, you should try to see whether you can fix it yourself! This, if done carefully, will not hamper your warranty and might save you a lot of time and worries. So let’s see what you can do yourself.

Let me say that any new LCD or TFT monitor should be tested for pixel errors. This can be done simply by running it through a palette of basic colors and black and white in full screen mode. The software, which we’ll get to in a second, can do that.

First let me explain what you may be seeing. Is it just a stuck pixel or is it in fact dead? A stuck pixel will appear in any of the colors that its three subpixels (red, green and blue) can form, depending on their functionality and brightness. In a dead pixel all subpixels are permanently off, which will make the pixel appear black. This may result from a broken transistor, in rare cases however even a black pixel may just be stuck. So if you’re seeing a colored or white pixel, your chances are pretty good and if it’s black, there is still hope.
printbucket
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to photoshop tutorial sites, most likely you can find something to answer your question. They have explanations on many other basic photo editing concepts as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Graphic Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum