AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dupe content - does it matter?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pickering
PA
PA

24 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think @wileyparksons has pretty much summed this one up. I second the use of the canonical tag.
ParisPro
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Duplicate content Reply with quote

I always thought that duplicate content was bad but the more I see, the more I realise that it is not bad - ie Google do not penalise it. They also often give good Pagerank to pages on different sites with the very same content.
If you scrape the content automatically then you can see your site rank pretty much at nothing but duplicate content (at least to date) is fine in Google's eyes - at least if you analyse some competitors as I have.
I never add duplicate content but I am starting to consider it, given how so many others seem to benefit from it.
wadeinni
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This duplicate content issue doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. i personally NEVER use it just because 1) I'm also a prolific writer in addition to being an internet marketer and entrepreneur. 2) It's just littering the web with the same crap over and over. I like to see fresh perspectives on the same topic.

Using dupe content religiously also shows laziness and a lack of passion for the information you're putting out there in my opinion. I see it like this, if you don't take the time to write something original, great, and read-worthy, why should someone (including search engines) take the time to read it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum