AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AdWords is doing my head in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: AdWords is doing my head in Reply with quote

I used to be fine on AdWords, even to the extent that I ran some campaigns for other people.but that was years ago, and now I'm like a complete newbie again.

I just spent the last hour going round in circles and now I don't know whether my campaign is live or not.

Does anyone here use AdWords? Do you find it intuitive to use? Am I being thick? I've given up on it now anyway. Sad
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use it a little but gave up when they started making it super-complex.

I'd sooner put the effort and energy into achieving in the SERPs if they're going to make it difficult to pay them money for advertising!
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm glad it's not just me then. As it turned out, my campaign is live and it's sent me two clicks. LOL.

The thing is that I was trying to diversify away from having AdSense on every site so when I started the latest one, we didn't put any AS on it. This is just a gut feeling without any evidence, but it seemed as though we didn't get the same love and attention as we normally would from G. Thus I thought they might like the site better if I did an AdWords campaign on it.

I'm getting a bit fed up of it. The effort doesn't merit the (lack of) reward.
ParisPro
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Adwords Reply with quote

Hi Kay

I do use Adwords to manage some clients accounts and I 100% understand your situation. Even though I use it often, so many times when I log in, Google have changed the interface, or moved a feature or moved this or that. It seems to me almost as though every week something has moved, a new feature added or something to be different.

If i leave the accounts for for a while to tick over, it always takes me an hour or two to get back into it.

Adwords can be extremely useful and effective so I'd say to hang in there if you can.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I feel better about myself now. Wink

It's a real pain in the backside when people keep changing things. I know that AdWords obviously would have changed since I last used it but some days it seems as though just about every user interface has changed, whether it's a browser "upgrade", or an affiliate network, or just about everything.

I've gone off the AdWords idea now anyway. I'm probably too late to catch the Christmas retail frenzy so I'll just go back to my usual activities and go for the organic rankings, as Paul suggested.
ToAfrica.net
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google AdWords is updated frequently, more intelligent and more beautiful interface. I use it every day.
am
Secretary
Secretary

20 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Google AdWords is updated frequently, more intelligent and more beautiful interface. I use it every day.

Agree. You need to research Adwords and the 'Long Tail' of keywords to maximise your return. In terms of ecommerce, it's probably your most important online marketing tool conversion wise so it makes sense to learn as much as possible about it.
planetZest
Executive PA
Executive PA

58 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not very straight forward and i think an overly complicated interface, too much information in each mouthful Smile. I have been using it for a while and i am much more comfortable using it, but i still find the interface needs simplifying. That being said it is very useful, though sometimes costly even with low cpc.
ParisPro
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Adwords Reply with quote

I really do not understand why Google keep changing the design so often. It also does my head in.

I appreciate that Google want to continually update and move Adwords forward - but it seems like they change things just for the sake of it sometimes. Google LOVE changes Smile

But don't give up on the Adwords. Its a great tool to use for marketing.
Geza
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Adwords Reply with quote

Have you tried the adwords editor tool? Makes it alot more managable and enjoyable ( TRUE ) You can update it offline, which makes the whole process alot more managable!

GEZ
Azolla
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do use Adwords and get decent returns on it but it can be pretty complicated when you start to really get into it. They keep bringing out additional features and things and it can have the effect of complicating it all for sure.
Stick with it though since you will get the hang of it bit by bit......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum