AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK to become the largest country in Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: UK to become the largest country in Europe Reply with quote

In population terms at least.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hkT2LimsMiVV528nwwkJqBrJi7Fg

77 million people by 2050 apparently. How will the country cope?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey. I wonder what implications this has for property values over the long term?
richardbarker
Executive
Executive

276 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much of this is growth is from the Birth / Death rate? I guess it's more with immigration.
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our natural population is largely static, with birth rates hovering around the replacement rate, and with this trend heading downwards rather than upwards I suspect most of the increase will be down to migration.
richardbarker
Executive
Executive

276 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess that means that our great british nation is slowly going to die out and we will truly become a diverse multi cultural society. What a shame.
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends how you regard the 'great British nation' I guess. For instance the girl I'm dating at the moment is Czech. She's been in Britain for 9 years, tends to holiday in Britain (she said at the weekend that she's probably seen more of the country than most natives), works here, studies here etc.
richardbarker
Executive
Executive

276 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not singling out a particular situation, but it is apparent that the British culture is slowly dying out or being diluted, we see a lot of this in the big cities with ethnic area taking over and pushing others out. I'm not saying we're innocent either, just look at Spain and Portugal the British culture has migrated it's way over there and is slowly diluting their culture with the full English and a nice spotted dick (lol) Right now Britain is seen as soft touch as we have always been very lacks with immigration and the net result of that is a population that is far too big to support itself crippling your balance of trade.
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair though this has happened due to globalisation anyway. You only have to look at the contents of most peoples weekly shop now and there are foods from around the world present. Foods that a generation ago would have been unheard of.

On the whole I think learning and mixing with different cultures is a very good thing for any country or individual. The problem comes when you have a lot of people residing in a country (native or otherwise) that aren't contributing. But then that's more a problem with the welfare system than the immigration system.
Eagle
President
President

659 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: UK to become the largest country in Europe Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
In population terms at least.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hkT2LimsMiVV528nwwkJqBrJi7Fg

77 million people by 2050 apparently. How will the country cope?

It won't.
Scootek
Executive PA
Executive PA

65 ants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about these statistics too much. Do you remember half the stories you used to read about in the papers when you grew up...how much of that turned out to be true. Yes population will go up, but we will still be a majority by far. This effects all gloabised cities to a greater or lesser degree.
Ryan T-Mobile
Executive PA
Executive PA

70 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Scootek. You can't predict population numbers 40 years in the future. So many different things could happen that it becomes entirely based on guess work.

Here's another prediction. When I was 5 I was 3 foot tall. When I was 15, I was 5 1/2 feet tall. Therefore, in 40 years time should bee 15 1/2 feet tall. Amazing. Smile

Ok, I know I'm being entirely silly, and it's not the same thing, but you can see what I'm trying to say. 40 years is too far to be making predictions. Razz

Ryan
smokdarecki
PA
PA

34 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, If nothing will change in next 40 years, Ukraine will lose around 25% of population. So, if you have excess of Britons, you may export them to Ukraine then! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum