AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jysmith
PA
PA

33 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Website Review Reply with quote

I have just finished putting together a website for my wife's childminding business.

If anyone could spare a few minutes to take a look and let me know what they think of it, particularly from a prospective parent's perspective, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by jysmith on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:46 am; edited 4 times in total
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon

Looks like a good start. I think any parent will first want to know about all your wife's credentials. I would be inclined to put up copies of all certification / CRB checks, etc. to reassure parents in that regard.

Thereafter, I'd suggest more pictures of your wife and children doing activities that parents would like to see. You have some on there already, but I think you could add a gallery and show a great variety of things that parents' kids might be doing if in your wife's care.

Good luck

Paul
Mark Johnson
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how it looks. I think you can improve it and will have more flexible options if you use WP.

I agree with Paul. Photos would be a big factor. Don't forget testimonials too. And list your wife's business on Google Places so people doing local search for child minding services can easily find you. Good luck!
wadeinni
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon that's a beautiful setup your wife has for her childminding service. Being from the US I find the name pleasantly amuzing. Here we call it Daycare. But yes any credentials or recognitions achieved would bring more credibility and trust to her service. I'm a parent myself at my child's daycare (childminding school) they also include a posted daily calendar of activities done with my child such as stories read, and they also post what meals they serve. Can't get anymore transparent than that. I love the theme color also and dinosaur logo. Reminds me of Barney the dinosaur.

It would also help if you add a bit of social media to it with likes and recommendations from parents who use the service. You guys are off to a great start design and contentwise though.
jysmith
PA
PA

33 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your positive feedback and suggestions. I have added a gallery page and registered with Google places. We will add links to the appropriate certification once available. The Barney bear similarity wasn't deliberate but I suppose there is a passing resemblance! Thanks again.

Last edited by jysmith on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point about testimonials... I should have mentioned that, especially since I use them so much on some of my own sites.
BadlyBurnt
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the others the site looks good, clean and simple. The overall feel is spot on and gives off exactl the right vibe.

The only thing you might want to change is that as far as I can see your email address isn't hidden from bots. Little by little you're going to start to get more and more SPAM. Since its a buisness address which you're not going to want to change you should think about hiding it. A simple way would be to use an image and display the address that way. Better way would be to use a contact form with captcha protection or else use a java script to display the address. Take a look at google's recaptcha site.
barry100
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cute little site. I would add more photos to the gallery though to show off more about what you offer. I like the design though. Simple and to the point. The winking dino in the banner is cool and will look cooler to the juniors.
nice job +1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum